Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z-Rock: Why is it called Z-rock?
Hey sorry if it seemed like i was freaking out, i wasnt. I was just saying it does involve some degree of talent and i respect your opinion i like rock too its just i also love rap.
Thorn67 Wrote:Hey sorry if it seemed like i was freaking out, i wasnt. I was just saying it does involve some degree of talent and i respect your opinion i like rock too its just i also love rap.

Okay I can respect that. You know...different people, different views Cool
Rock on man! :beavis: What kind of bands do you like?
-STATS- Wrote:XM's all I got to say.

your right
You are probably right about XM radio but after investing some much money over the years into buying CDs I have to listen to those in my car Lol.
I listen to about

80% Rap
10% Rock (Pink Floyd and other good old stuff)
10% Everything Else (Alabama to Vanessa Carlton Wink )

but the only time i listen to 107.5 is the time it takes me to eject the current CD and put in the next one...
P-Villain! Wrote:I listen to about

80% Rap
10% Rock (Pink Floyd and other good old stuff)
10% Everything Else (Alabama to Vanessa Carlton Wink )

but the only time i listen to 107.5 is the time it takes me to eject the current CD and put in the next one...

If I had to break my music into genres I would say....
34%- Progressive metal/rock (mostly just Dreamtheater)
54%- Metal/ Hard Rock (Metallica/ Godsmack)
9%- Classic Rock (Pink Floyd/Aerosmith)
3%- Whatever you would call Dave Mattews Band and

So witht hte radio around here I really don't have a choice but to pop my CDs in.
I agree but yet i gotta give zRock a thumbs up because before they started radio around here was alot worse
Well I guess it is fine that we have zrock but I still think that there name is too misleading. ZROCK?? I think it should be ZMix or something... Because that don't just play rock (rap and r & B 80% of the time), they play a mix of genres.
Anyone listen to 103.1 The Mix...it has changes coming...stay tuned
What kind of changes Fox? As in rock/classic rock??? That would be sweeeeeet!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Anyone listen to 103.1 The Mix...it has changes coming...stay tuned
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:If I had to break my music into genres I would say....
34%- Progressive metal/rock (mostly just Dreamtheater)
54%- Metal/ Hard Rock (Metallica/ Godsmack)
9%- Classic Rock (Pink Floyd/Aerosmith)
3%- Whatever you would call Dave Mattews Band and

So witht hte radio around here I really don't have a choice but to pop my CDs in.

looks exactly what I would put, all the bands you listed I love especially dreamtheater and godsmack
bball_2000 Wrote:looks exactly what I would put, all the bands you listed I love especially dreamtheater and godsmack

Very nice choices my friend. Most people have never hear dreamtheater but in my opinion they are easily the most talented band I have every heard. Hopefully one of these days I can get to see them live.. Oh I can dream.
(I have already seen Godsmack twice, Metallica once, Staind once, Motley Crue once. So the biggest one left for me is Dreamtheater)
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Anyone listen to 103.1 The Mix...it has changes coming...stay tuned

Good changes as in MORE AND MORE ROCK/CLASSIC ROCK (like Tides said). Or bad changes like more variety in music genres?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Good changes as in MORE AND MORE ROCK/CLASSIC ROCK (like Tides said). Or bad changes like more variety in music genres?
I think you will like the changes.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I think you will like the changes.

Do you work for the station?

If so, tell them ALL ROCK, ALL THE TIME!! Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Do you work for the station?

AMEN!!!! :beavis:
More Cowbell Wrote:Do you work for the station?

Believe me, they have been told...how about this???

ALL ROCK, ALL THE TIME...PLUS A LITTLE SPORTS!!!:thumpsup:
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Believe me, they have been told...how about this???

I think that would work. Or do all rock, all the time, plus a little Bob and Tom, then some sports.

Maybe like:

start the mornings with Bob and Tom, then around 10 or whenever it finishes do rock until noon, throw a talk show in there for a half hour or hour, then rock until maybe 6,7, or 8 - throw in a sports talk show there maybe.

Also, make this station the station that the football and basketball games are broadcast on, so before or after the game comes on there is more of a chance of someone hearing a good song and keeping it on that station.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know if there is enough material to fill it but maybe:

Bob and Tom (or some similar show)
Rock programming till noon
Sports show until 1 pm
Rock until 3 pm
Sports show until 4
Rock until 5 pm
Sports show until 7 maybe?
Then rock throughout the rest of the night with pre-recorded sports updates thrown in every hour?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Believe me, they have been told...how about this???

What kind of ROCK are we talking about here? Metallica, ACDC, Old Guns N Roses, Motley Crue. That kind of stuff?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:What kind of changes Fox? As in rock/classic rock??? That would be sweeeeeet!

Just what Eastern Kentucky needs ... more Jurassic rock. Smile

The best thing EKB could do would be to format 103.1 to match up with Sirius 15 (Classic Rewind, "the second generation of classic rock" [think late 1970s onwards through 1989]), format Z-Lite Wink to match up with Sirius 20 (Octane, the modern rock station) and reformat the AM stations with all ESPN radio all the time. Seriously, Fox ... nobody listens to those AM stations anymore.

But then again, I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since I got sick of that damn Stanville ambulance-chasing lawyer singing about how he had the Statue of Liberty in his front yard. Radio's better here in Florida, but Sirius and XM trump broadcast.
there's not a classic rock station that anybody can pick up around here..I'd love to see an all classic rock/hard rock station around here. Nothing else. No r&b, pop, top 40, none of that crap, just rock. Dude your in Florida, so you get to hear stuff other than the Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson. Around here, its very limited. On the other hand, 104.9 used to have a pretty fair format until they changed it to country..
TomSportsHack Wrote:Just what Eastern Kentucky needs ... more Jurassic rock. Smile

The best thing EKB could do would be to format 103.1 to match up with Sirius 15 (Classic Rewind, "the second generation of classic rock" [think late 1970s onwards through 1989]), format Z-Lite Wink to match up with Sirius 20 (Octane, the modern rock station) and reformat the AM stations with all ESPN radio all the time. Seriously, Fox ... nobody listens to those AM stations anymore.

But then again, I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since I got sick of that damn Stanville ambulance-chasing lawyer singing about how he had the Statue of Liberty in his front yard. Radio's better here in Florida, but Sirius and XM trump broadcast.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:there's not a classic rock station that anybody can pick up around here..I'd love to see an all classic rock/hard rock station around here. Nothing else. No r&b, pop, top 40, none of that crap, just rock. Dude your in Florida, so you get to hear stuff other than the Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson. Around here, its very limited. On the other hand, 104.9 used to have a pretty fair format until they changed it to country..

Hoss, I got two words for ya ...

Satellite radio. Seriously.

I made my first investment in satellite by buying an XM receiver while I was still in Pikeville (like I said, that lawyer has got to go) and I haven't looked back since then despite moving back to my home state, which has better radio choices than the EKB-Gearheart duopoly.

Receivers are cheap and plentiful, the monthly fee doesn't cost that much and you get nearly every kind of music, commercial-free. :letsparty

The sports packages for both XM and Sirius are good, too.
TomSportsHack Wrote:The best thing EKB could do would be to format 103.1 to match up with Sirius 15 (Classic Rewind, "the second generation of classic rock" [think late 1970s onwards through 1989]), format Z-Lite Wink to match up with Sirius 20 (Octane, the modern rock station) and reformat the AM stations with all ESPN radio all the time. Seriously, Fox ... nobody listens to those AM stations anymore.

I agree, that sounds good. One station for classic rock, one for new rock, and let them keep the rap/Justin Timberlake stuff for Q95.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah man im gonna break down and just get it..I even have a reciever I got for Christmas, lol..never even bothered with it because I just play cd's i make..but both of my brothers have satellite radio and swear by it..
TomSportsHack Wrote:Hoss, I got two words for ya ...

Satellite radio. Seriously.

I made my first investment in satellite by buying an XM receiver while I was still in Pikeville (like I said, that lawyer has got to go) and I haven't looked back since then despite moving back to my home state, which has better radio choices than the EKB-Gearheart duopoly.

Receivers are cheap and plentiful, the monthly fee doesn't cost that much and you get nearly every kind of music, commercial-free. :letsparty

The sports packages for both XM and Sirius are good, too.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah man im gonna break down and just get it..I even have a reciever I got for Christmas, lol..never even bothered with it because I just play cd's i make..but both of my brothers have satellite radio and swear by it..

My bro has Sirius and it is really good for rockers like us. But I have too many CDs to not listen to and get my 15 dollars out of so I listen to CDs in the car .
exactly..i have over 300 cd's, and thats the only reason I dont have satellite radio yet..but my brothers swear by it though...We were going to Applebees in Hazard last week and I put it on one of the Jam stations, and they played the Black Crowes and the Allman Brothers back to back. I was like, man I gotta get me one of these, lol..those two are two of my favs..
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:My bro has Serius and it is really good for rockers like us. But I have too many CDs to not listen to and get my 15 dollars out of so I listen to CDs in the car .
TomSportsHack Wrote:Just what Eastern Kentucky needs ... more Jurassic rock. Smile

Tom, you have been gone too long.
103.1 has now begun playing '70's rock thru late '90's.

The AM's are the hottest thing going here....fastest growing in eastern KY.
All talk weekdays 6a-7p.........Sporting News Radio 7p-6a weeknights....Sp News Radio 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

BTW...you of all people should understand that someone has to pay the bills(even if it is an annoying attorney)...if you want local radio with local games, local news, local info...there must be ads or else local radio stations will become like the News Express, which is struggling for it's publishing life due to the loss of advertisers.
tune into WKCB 107.1 Classic Rock with a smidgen of oldies and a dash of the new stuff ( NO RAP) Wink and we stream 24/7 at www.wkcb.com and you can call me on Saturday mornings and make a request!!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Tom, you have been gone too long.
103.1 has now begun playing '70's rock thru late '90's.

It's about time somebody woke up.

Quote:The AM's are the hottest thing going here....fastest growing in eastern KY.
All talk weekdays 6a-7p.........Sporting News Radio 7p-6a weeknights....Sp News Radio 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

What happens when TSN's new management decides it's not interested in being in the radio business anymore? That day will come, and sooner rather than later. Former TSN owner Paul Allen was trying to build a multimedia powerhouse (print, Internet, radio and eventually TV) and gave up; American City Business Journals is a print publisher first and foremost.

Quote:BTW...you of all people should understand that someone has to pay the bills(even if it is an annoying attorney)...if you want local radio with local games, local news, local info...

I listen to the radio for music rather than talk and rarely listen to sports radio of any kind anymore (comes with being out of the business, I guess). And with satellite, I pay the bills so I don't have to listen to commercials.

Quote:there must be ads or else local radio stations will become like the News Express, which is struggling for it's publishing life due to the loss of advertisers.

And why is it losing advertisers? Methinks it has something to do with the way the Alabama management has hamstrung its news staff to inflate its profit ratio. At the end of the day, newspapers' survival or failure will have much to do with content quality; advertising revenue shortfalls are a secondary symptom of a self-inflicted disease.