Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Branham
Well I disagree with that. Channing has been my friend snice pre-school but in all honestly I dont see him starting the QB position on varsity.
I mean not to be mean but I ain't even seen him play. I hope he can step up though but don't get me wrong Bryan is a dandy QB too.
Sounds to me that there's to many players getting there views in on who should be starting.
p_casey#21 Wrote:I mean not to be mean but I ain't even seen him play. I hope he can step up though but don't get me wrong Bryan is a dandy QB too.

well we will see what hes got in when we get our pads then we will really be able to tell
yea
It sounds to me like we need to wait and let the coaches decide who plays where according to their abilities. It needs to be talked about on Lick Creek and not on here!
Agreed, players from the same school/team should not argue who plays which position, the coaches will have everyone in the right spots in a couple of weeks. Right now they are just seeing what abilties everyone has etc. There will be no spots set in stone really until about a week after you guys put the pads on.
p_casey#21 Wrote:i dont think that big wes could play TE but i say that justin thacker and caled epling will be at receivers and brad branham and tommy bingham will be the backs and either channing or brian will be at qb dont kno much about the line right now oh yea and mike rowe at TE

dont forget Travis Bartley in the lineup...hes a very explosive and strong player...i believe he will be in there somewhere
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Agreed, players from the same school/team should not argue who plays which position, the coaches will have everyone in the right spots in a couple of weeks. Right now they are just seeing what abilties everyone has etc. There will be no spots set in stone really until about a week after you guys put the pads on.

I am supprised at this hire. Not that it was a bad one, but I thought Coach Branham had a better chance to win at BL. I coached most of these kids at Millard and they should have some talent. Did Austin Stilner ever come back? The coach needs to get Mark Bartley out to play reciever. He has great hands and he has great spead. What ever happened to Travis Bartley?

Good luck to ER and Bobby Branham. He is a great guy that loves the game. I hope he can turn things around up there, but I am afraid that it is going to take a lot. Good luck ER!
hootie Wrote:I am supprised at this hire. Not that it was a bad one, but I thought Coach Branham had a better chance to win at BL. I coached most of these kids at Millard and they should have some talent. Did Austin Stilner ever come back? The coach needs to get Mark Bartley out to play reciever. He has great hands and he has great spead. What ever happened to Travis Bartley?

Good luck to ER and Bobby Branham. He is a great guy that loves the game. I hope he can turn things around up there, but I am afraid that it is going to take a lot. Good luck ER!
Hootie, Austin Stiltner wasn't able to come back due to his knee injury and Travis Bartley is back this year.
I dont know what the problem is....their young kids usually win but they cant produce at the varsity level...i saw them play a jv game last year and they looked really good....I was just wondering why they always win a big portion of their jv and freshman games but never win any varsity game????
TarHeel_Fan15 Wrote:I dont know what the problem is....their young kids usually win but they cant produce at the varsity level...i saw them play a jv game last year and they looked really good....I was just wondering why they always win a big portion of their jv and freshman games but never win any varsity game????

In the previous years that I have watched a ER game, THe JV and Freshman always run different offense and defense than the varsity. It takes dedication too which alot of people may get discouraged given the fact people always look down on the program and that the coaches in the past have always stayed 2 years and left. Maybe the kids say well if they dont care then why should I? And give up on lifting and offseason activites...
Coach, that was a problem with the different offenses in days gone by. We are now on the same page and not only run the same offense on the varsity, j.v. and freshmen. WE now have East Ridge Middle Football team and they are running a similar offense at tthe middle school. I am also going to be working with the little league programs to try to implement this at that level.
Coach Cline Wrote:In the previous years that I have watched a ER game, THe JV and Freshman always run different offense and defense than the varsity. It takes dedication too which alot of people may get discouraged given the fact people always look down on the program and that the coaches in the past have always stayed 2 years and left. Maybe the kids say well if they dont care then why should I? And give up on lifting and offseason activites...
CoachB Wrote:Coach, that was a problem with the different offenses in days gone by. We are now on the same page and not only run the same offense on the varsity, j.v. and freshmen. WE now have East Ridge Middle Football team and they are running a similar offense at tthe middle school. I am also going to be working with the little league programs to try to implement this at that level.

I wish you all the luck in the world coach B. I think you really have the heart to turn this program around. It may not be immediately, but you are definately on the right track if you are implementing similar offenses in JHS level and also reaching out to the little league. You should have a top-notch program if you stick with it!
TarHeel_Fan15 Wrote:I dont know what the problem is....their young kids usually win but they cant produce at the varsity level...i saw them play a jv game last year and they looked really good....I was just wondering why they always win a big portion of their jv and freshman games but never win any varsity game????
Not only could it be the type of offense that the team is running, but you have to think that most schools (esp. in the mountains) are not going to be playing their best Freshman and Sophomore players because of fear of injury and most probably play on Friday nights. Not taking anything away from those wins, but IMO, the most important part of JV games is players getting PT and experience not who wins or loses.
CoachB Wrote:It sounds to me like we need to wait and let the coaches decide who plays where according to their abilities. It needs to be talked about on Lick Creek and not on here!
Might as well coach, You discuss everything else, I bet you even started this thread about yourself.Smile
RIP_28 Wrote:Might as well coach, You discuss everything else, I bet you even started this thread about yourself.Smile

Actually p_casey21 started this thread.