Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 55 Estill Co 12
Bell Co District Champions. Improves to 9-0 overall. Next game Harlan Co.
Penalties and turnovers hurt both teams tonight.
Bell will always be tough and hard to beat as long as the legend Dudley Hilton is in charge.
Strikeout King Wrote:Penalties and turnovers hurt both teams tonight.

That it did StikeoutConfusederiously:
Strikeout King Wrote:Bell will always be tough and hard to beat as long as the legend Dudley Hilton is in charge.

After having to go on the road 6 times this year. We finally get to play at home next week and then the playoffs. He’s dangerous come this time of the year on Log Mtn.
So does Bell play at home for two weeks of playoff or more?
I know they play Harlan Co Friday, then who in first round ?
Congrats to Bell. They will run through first two rounds of playoffs like Sherman through Georgia.
Congrats to Bell. The Dudley train continues to run full steam.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:So does Bell play at home for two weeks of playoff or more?
I know they play Harlan Co Friday, then who in first round ?

My understanding is home next week against Harlan. Then definitely 3 home playoff games. Then maybe a 4th one. Depends on our RPI. We are 2nd in RPI after 9 games.
I was told we had a good shot at 4 home playoff games with a win next week assuming we can win all those playoff games.
ArJay Wrote:I was told we had a good shot at 4 home playoff games with a win next week assuming we can win all those playoff games.

Yes. You get extra points when you play up in class and win. Harlan Co is 4A and will be ranked.
If they stay #2 in RPI then they would play 5 home playoff games.
They shouldn't be in danger of not playing at home through the first 3 rounds. In the fourth round (semifinals) as it stands now it would come to them and Desales to get the #2RPI spot and home field. Bell leads now .695 to .692
Bell plays Harlan Co (.598), Garrard Co. (.489), Rockcastle Co (.586) or Estill Co (.510), then most likely Fleming Co (.587)
Desales plays Meade Co. (.438), Western Hills (.457), Mercer Co (.652) or CAL (.594) then most likely E-town (.637)
Whoever has higher RPI gets the semifinal home game hosting the other. The other semifinal most likely will be either Ashland or Belfry at Tilghman.
So does the RPI end at the end of regular season?
Or does it continue throughout the playoffs?
I’m very confused!
Craze JACKET man Wrote:So does the RPI end at the end of regular season?
Or does it continue throughout the playoffs?
I’m very confused!

I just found out that RPI is set at the end of regular season so only next weeks games will have a effect on the RPI and I'm not really sure how RPI in different classes is taken into consideration. I'm pretty sure teams with equal PRI but in different classes aren't calculated as equals.
BellCo18 Wrote:Yes. You get extra points when you play up in class and win. Harlan Co is 4A and will be ranked.

Bell's got a shot to host up to the end.

But ranking means nothing in RPI. It's only about wins and losses and classification. Being ranked won't be considered. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Bell's got a shot to host up to the end.

But ranking means nothing in RPI. It's only about wins and losses and classification. Being ranked won't be considered. :Thumbs:

it's gonna be fun watching how all this plays out.
Congrats Bell
Just as I predicted, Estill moved the ball pretty much all night. Turnovers and penalties killed us as mentioned before. Bell is the better team and would win this game 10 out of 10 times played. But look out for the young Engineers in the next couple of years. The game was over, IMO, on the first drive when Estill was marching the ball down the field with relative ease and they bobbled a snap on 2nd and 3 to make it 3rd and 8 inside the Red Zone. Momentum killer for sure.