Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64SUR Top 10 13th regions Ranking
Good win for OBI over Wolfe - one of the top teams in the 14th.
They played well. Plus didn’t have a starter. The last two games they looked like a different team.
I definitely wouldn’t put Corbin in 6th possibly not on chart at all
Looks like OBI added Bell to the schedule this week. I’m glad to see the coaching staff actually attempting to play a tougher schedule than normal. I still say after the Wolfe County win which was huge btw Oneida should be ranked 10th. I watched the hall kid play at the clay game he is the best post scorer in the region in my opinion. Feed the boy the ball and they will upset Bell. I plan on riding down to Oneida and watching them play north. I think it will be a good game. A lot of norths kids have never played in Oneidas gym so it may be a interesting game. Oneida is a better team than the perry team that just beat north!
We have looked for a win since we lost to Knox. OBI healthy may not be what we are looking for.
You never know what Oneida team you will get. They can beat anyone on some nights and on other nights they couldn’t beat a good JV team. If they could become more consistent they’d be a real force.
I agree. I’m a fan an they drive me nuts. One day they look really good next what happened. If they figure out how to play every game could be a tough out for clay or north in district.
I've watched OBI play several games this year and the Hall kid is the only kid I've seen double teamed or tripled teamed every game I've watched.
I will say this, huge turn around from last year. I think they only won 8 games last year and they are already at 8 this year with a tougher schedule. Coaches are doing a good job. It’s hard to break bad habits. I’m a clay fan but if they don’t make it out of the district this year I may go buy me a Oneida blue shirt and start making the drive to Oneida. If the school supports them they will have a program in a few years!
I agree. They have done a good job with this team. They seem to get better every time the play. If they keep improving could be an interesting 2-3 matchup in district. I’m telling you all I know the coach and he will work harder than anyone at building a program. If administration get behind him, look out in a few years.
WeareCC1987 Wrote:Looks like OBI added Bell to the schedule this week. I’m glad to see the coaching staff actually attempting to play a tougher schedule than normal. I still say after the Wolfe County win which was huge btw Oneida should be ranked 10th. I watched the hall kid play at the clay game he is the best post scorer in the region in my opinion. Feed the boy the ball and they will upset Bell. I plan on riding down to Oneida and watching them play north. I think it will be a good game. A lot of norths kids have never played in Oneidas gym so it may be a interesting game. Oneida is a better team than the perry team that just beat north!

Bell County by 22 tonight.
OBI is improved, but they aren't a top 10 team yet. The Williamsburg win was impressive, but they aren't top 10 at this point either. North will be another good test and then Barbourville.
Should know a lot about where Bell is by tomorrow night hosting Southwestern Pulaski then South Laurel. If they could find a way to win both of those and win 3 games in 3 days have to feel pretty good about where they are, and frankly if they can win tonight or tomorrow it's still a good 3 game stretch.