Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge Teco Bowl Kickoff Classic
East Ridge Teco Bowl Kickoff Classic
Saturday Aug. 18 at East Ridge

Phelps vs Pound, Va 5:00
Pike Central vs Grundy, Va 6:30
East Ridge vs Haysi, Va 8:00
Doing a quick bump on this. Game is soon approaching.

Anyone else planning on making it out to this?

warriorpride Wrote:East Ridge Teco Bowl Kickoff Classic
Saturday Aug. 18 at East Ridge

Phelps vs Pound, Va 5:00
Pike Central vs Grundy, Va 6:30
East Ridge vs Haysi, Va 8:00

Good luck for East Ridge!!
thetribe Wrote:Doing a quick bump on this. Game is soon approaching.

Anyone else planning on making it out to this?

Headed out to it myself..

Anyone else?
I've got a COMPLETELY diff. line-up.
St. Paul - Phelps
Grundy - Appalachia
Hurley - East Ridge

Why would ER scrim. Haysi when they meet in Oct.?

VHSL-helper Wrote:I've got a COMPLETELY diff. line-up.
St. Paul - Phelps
Grundy - Appalachia
Hurley - East Ridge

Why would ER scrim. Haysi when they meet in Oct.?

You have the right one. I'm pretty sure the one posted above is last years.
VHSL-helper, your lineup for games are correct

Phelps vs. St. Paul, Va.
Grundy, Va. vs. Appalchia, Va.
Hurley, Va. vs East Ridge

Games start at 5:00 P.M.
So how did all the teams look?

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
I was only there for the ER game. They ran a spread offense and did a pretty good job. The QB casey was really sharp, tommy bingham is a good athlete, tyler bentley caught some big passes, and payton ratliff is a monster on D. Overall I would have to say ER looked much better than expected.

I don't even think Hurley scored.
I will add that the receivers and line do need some work though.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I don't even think Hurley scored.

You should have looked at the scoreboard then.....8-6 - Hurley on top.
I'd expect you to look better too if I was playing a school with only 175 kids in it....

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
RTP Wrote:you should have looked at the score board then.....8-6 Hurley on top.
Id expect you to look better too if I was playing a school with only 175 kids in it....

Regardless I thought that ER's offense did a nice job in the scrimage. And ER also played some other team from virginia.
*Edited for rule violations. Please read over the rules of the site before posting again.*

Sidenote: we do not allow bashing of teams or individuals here at BGR. If we catch posts that bash a player or team, that post will be deleted or edited.
East Ridge struggled against a much smaller (single A) Hurley. The offensive line of East Ridge did a tremendous job of CUT BLOCKING all night.

*BGR Staff note: complaints, criticism, or comments need to be sent to staff in a PM and not addressed in the open forums, again, read the rules of the site before posting again. Further rule violations will result in suspension.
*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Your post has been deleted due to bad spelling and grammar. You may repost it using correct spelling and grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar every time you post.*
RTP Wrote:East Ridge struggled against a much smaller (single A) Hurley. The offensive line of East Ridge did a tremendous job of CUT BLOCKING all night.

[/B]
IMO, East Ridge did much better than Hurley in the scrimmage. It doesn't matter how many people go to the school, all that is to me is an excuse.

Woah you fella's are goin wild on here...all those red letters freaked me out because I just woke up.

I would have liked for ER to play like they did when they beat them by 40 but I guess I'm satisfied. Those Hurley boys are tough as nails also...
oneandonly Wrote:imo east ridge did much better than hurley in the scrimmage. It doesn't matter how many people go to the school - all that is to me is an excuse.

Who's making an excuse? East Ridge threw one long ball when Hurley had that kid that didn't sub in and only had 10 players on the field, lol. ER couldn't run the ball and Hurley ran at will, but I wasn't looking through blue and white glasses Maybe I missed something.