Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN.com bowl projections
UK getting some respect from ESPN.com as they are getting picked by both Mark and Ivan to go bowling this year...Mark Schlabach picks UK to play in the Independence Bowl against Kansas State, and Ivan Maisel picks them to play Maryland in the Chick-fil-A bowl..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview07/...id=2974110
I like the taste of Sugar SEC champs.
All the "experts" have no idea how close UK is to being not just a good team but a great one.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:All the "experts" have no idea how close UK is to being not just a good team but a great one.

I AGREE!!!!!
I'd love to see UK in a bowl this year, but it would be even better to see them play in a bowl on or after Jan.1st
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With our schedule it could go either way. A really good bowl game with some good upsets or no bowl game with a couple bad losses (Vandy or Miss. state). I will extremely happy if we get back to the music bowl for two reasons: 1) they played to my expectations (with the schedule) 2) I can go see them!
Wow. That is a pretty impressive projection for the Cats made by Ivan Maisel. UK in the Peach Bowl, ahead of Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina? That would be freakin' awesome!

That said, I think the most likely scenario is another trip to the Music City. I don't think they will finish ahead of Tennessee, which will knock out the Peach, but knowing how well UK fans will fill up the stadium I believe the Music City folks would love to have the Cats back in town! If they don't want a repeat team, then maybe they fall to the Independence (like the other guy projected) or possibly the Liberty.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:With our schedule it could go either way. A really good bowl game with some good upsets or no bowl game with a couple bad losses (Vandy or Miss. state). I will extremely happy if we get back to the music bowl for two reasons: 1) they played to my expectations (with the schedule) 2) I can go see them!
Look at it this way. Atlanta isnt much further away from here as Nashville is. Id much rather see them play in SEC title game or the Peach Bowl than I would the Music City Bowl (Even though I had a blast watching the CATS play in Nashville last year.)
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Look at it this way. Atlanta isnt much further away from here as Nashville is. Id much rather see them play in SEC title game or the Peach Bowl than I would the Music City Bowl (Even though I had a blast watching the CATS play in Nashville last year.)

I totally understand! I was kind of speaking as to where we will probably land. Love your avatar by the way lol.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Look at it this way. Atlanta isnt much further away from here as Nashville is. Id much rather see them play in SEC title game or the Peach Bowl than I would the Music City Bowl (Even though I had a blast watching the CATS play in Nashville last year.)

Actually I would love it if they got to play in the Peach Bowl, and I would probably try to go to Atlanta myself (it's about a 7 hour drive from here). But they would probably have to spring a big upset somewhere along the way for that to happen, most likely against Tennessee.

We can only hope this is the season for that!!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually I would love it if they got to play in the Peach Bowl, and I would probably try to go to Atlanta myself (it's about a 7 hour drive from here). But they would probably have to spring a big upset somewhere along the way for that to happen, most likely against Tennessee.

We can only hope this is the season for that!!

If we are going to do it anytime soon this better be the season for it. This is the best UK football I have seen in a long time. However, it is a true shame that the schedule WILL make us or break us this year. In reality if we win all the games we should we will be at 5-7. However, if the upsets (which are a real possibility this year) occur, then we very well could be in those heavy hitter bowl games. One of the games between Arkansas and South Carolina is a must to push us to 6-6. After that I don't really know.