Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl Heat?
Does anyone think the heat will delay the games as it did 2 years ago? I know it a cooled a little, but it is still up there. I hope everything can stay on schedule, but with the turf at both fields it makes it that much hotter.
I think it will be ok.
I hope it dont get real hot.
I hope there is no delay, but it was pretty fun starting a game at like 11:00
Fridays Forecast; Isolated Thunderstorms. High 98. Chance of rain 30%.
Saturdays Forecast; Isolated Thunderstorms High 95. Chance of rain 30%.

So the heat will be on for this weekend.
Maybe well catch a break and those T-storms will hit about an hour before the games start and then clear off. Therefore cooling down the temps enough to get them started.
I had heard theve already pushed the start times of the games back 30 minutes because of the heat. Has anyone else heard this?
As long as the heat index is under 104, which I believe it will be, they should be able to start on time. Unless HP heard right and they moved the game back 30 minutes. Even if they did they should stil start on time.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Does anyone think the heat will delay the games as it did 2 years ago? I know it a cooled a little, but it is still up there. I hope everything can stay on schedule, but with the turf at both fields it makes it that much hotter.

The teams playing the second games each night won t have it as bad as the first games each night it is suppose to be 98 on Friday Sat. I don t know.....Good Luck to ALL teams
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I had heard theve already pushed the start times of the games back 30 minutes because of the heat. Has anyone else heard this?

t/t/t anyone else heard this?
From what I know as of now the games will begin on time and this is coming from CTBI. If the sun stays out and there are no thunderstroms we could see a delay condsidering on those fields it is normaly around 5 to 10 degrees warmer. Good luck to all the teams and keep it clean.
I have not read of a death this year, thank the good Lord!!
Anyone have any info about if the games will be moved back, looks like its going to be worse tommorow than it is today. If anyone hs any info please post it.
The games have been changed to one hour later. Game one kick off both nights is at 7:05 pm.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Anyone have any info about if the games will be moved back, looks like its going to be worse tommorow than it is today. If anyone hs any info please post it.

I'm gonna make a couple calls and see if I can find something out. I know today when I was coming home from work the temp. was 109 in Phelps!!! WWAAYYYYYY to hot for them to be out on a field playing!!
I just talked with officals of the Bank and the games have been changed to 7:05 kick offs for Friday night and Saturday nights Pike Co Bowl games.
I hope it cools down and holds off on raining cause once it starts raining and quit, its gonna be so humid outside, probably so humid it will be hard to breath lol. But good luck to all teams and I'll be there to watch every game!!!
Thanks for the info, as of now there is no rain in the forecast. I just hope everyone stays safe, and that we get the games in.
Who plays Friday?