Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 68 - Betsy Layne 14
blackcat Wrote:From what I understand the score could have been a lot worse, even Betsy Layne fans are saying that. I'm sure Prestonsburg's young guys played most of this game.

Yeah i think it was 56-0 at halftime. Freshman played most of the second half.
blackcat Wrote:From what I understand the score could have been a lot worse, even Betsy Layne fans are saying that. I'm sure Prestonsburg's young guys played most of this game.

For the pretty much entire second half p-burgs young guys did play, their starters played maybe one or two series and then were taken out for the remainder of the game.
Not to put BL down but it seems to me the only way that they could score was on our freshmen and even then they had to fight for it
the cats came out just like I said they needed to, intense and ready to play. I feel that the cats came out and did their job. The freshmen showed alot of enthuisasim when they did go out and even thou they were scored on twice I feel like they played hard. On the betsy layne side, case showed us that he is a really good player and will be a key player on the bobcats roster.

P-Burg-68
Betsy Layne- 14

Next Game- Brethitt
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Gish, they had water, they did run out and get some more. The bobcats will still make the playoffs, they have work to do. Another thing, prestonsburg could not have scored a hundred.. Lets keep this an honest thread!!!!!
From the sound of it - 28-0 at the end of 1, 50-0 at halftime - they could have easily scored 100. BL has a lot of work to do to make the playoffs.
Congrats Blackcats
This game was on pace to be well over hundred with a 54-0 halftime score and the jv was placed in the game sooner than i expected.
To all those saying we ran the score up, we didn't. It easily could have been a 100+ game, we put in alot of JV players early, took a kneel to end the half, etc.
yeah, it was 56-00 at halftime or something like that..prestonsburg only scored 2 more touchdowns in the 2nd half if that says anything..
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Gish, they had water, they did run out and get some more. The bobcats will still make the playoffs, they have work to do. Another thing, prestonsburg could not have scored a hundred.. Lets keep this an honest thread!!!!!
Dude they could have very easily have scored 90, you gotta think they scored what 48 in the first half. The 3rd quarter they stop blitzing and it gave Case a little time. Their starters did not return after the first offensive drive of the second half.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Keep fighting Bobcats...It's comments like this that should fuel you guys to stay the course!

BTW, congrats to Prestonsburg for pouring on 68 points. Rolleyes
I see you wasnt at the game by reading your comment about pouring on 68 points, because if you were you would have saw that Coach Derossett put in the Dance Cats by the 4th quarter.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Dude they could have very easily have scored 90, you gotta think they scored what 48 in the first half. The 3rd quarter they stop blitzing and it gave Case a little time. Their starters did not return after the first offensive drive of the second half.

The clock also ran continuously in the second half.
GRIZZ Wrote:How did Matt Blevins look at LB?

Matt Blevins played on the Defesive line the whole game. Him and Darren Lawson wasn't letting anything come up the middle.

Prestonsburg showed a whole lot of class by letting the JV and Freshman play the whole second half. Prestonsburg had 55 points at the half, and I'm sure they could've put over 80+ points on them by games end. I'll have to say that Betsy Layne has some real nice players, but the Bobcats where just out matched at every position. Bobby Hughes went 3-4 for around 80 yards. I'm pretty sure all three Prestonsburg backs (Taylor, Craynon, and Setser) had over 100+ yards in the game.

Congrats to my Blackcats and keep your heads up Bobcats.
Midee1 Wrote:People trash talking on a forum has absolutely nothing to do with any coaches decision to run up a score or not. Please do not fool yourself into thinking otherwise. I would feel safe to say that 97+% or the coaches in the state do not even bother to read the forums and if they do it would have absolutely no bearing on their game plan.

I have played for Derossett, he looks for anything to get a mental edge. I don't bllame him or disagree with him or that principle. Some people just need to know when to say when. I know that coaches read these and take these forums with a grain of salt, but you can use these to motivate players.
This game shouldnt get BL down. keep workin hard guys, and next week it will pay off.
Everyone keeps saying that P-burg put the freshmen in during the 2nd half.

I think BL has a small team and they have some freshmen that play the whole game both sides of the ball from what I've been told.

BL & P-burg just keep working with what you have.

Parsons and Derossett's are both great men and I hope they both have a great year.
Prestonsburg had majority of their players in with 8:00 left in the 3rd quarter. Then Coach Derossett put some subs in. The bobcats got beat, but they are a fighting team, they will recover and make playoffs. Pburg fans and coaches/players, I respect you for not making this game into anything but a football game. The bobcats have a some freshman that play, they also had two starting o-line out and DE/LB. It still wouldnt made a difference. Bobcats, dont give up, we are going to make the playoffs!!!!!!!
Congrats Pburg