Pineville 3-2...............52320
Harlan 3-2..................50201
Lynn Camp 0-5...........39150
(11-02-2020, 12:16 PM)64SUR Wrote: RPI
Williamsburg 2-2......55497

So how does this work.  Are teams just not going to play district games?
What will be the outcome of 4A D7? Corbin locked up the 1 and Lincoln the 4. But the 2 and 3 are Knox and Wayne. Home field is at stake
(11-02-2020, 12:29 PM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:

Who knows Knox County has two teams in county,  last week Knox Central played south Laurel and Lynn Camp canceled game with Williamsburg due to COVID-19 something just don’t smell right. One school played and the other one didn’t.  Should be a forfeit in my book.
(11-02-2020, 02:38 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 12:29 PM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:

Who knows Knox County has two teams in county,  last week Knox Central played south Laurel and Lynn Camp canceled game with Williamsburg due to COVID-19 something just don’t smell right. One school played and the other one didn’t.  Should be a forfeit in my book.
I agree!!! They should have laid the ground rules before we started with no ifs, ands, or buts, that way you won’t have garbage like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR
Imo, district seeding should go off of over all regular season record. Then seed the district and have an inter disctrict playoff.
First round: 1v4/2v3
Second round 1v4 winner v 2v3 winner
Then reseed for the next 3 rounds. Either that or you take the top 2 district seeds and thats the end of it. Its going to be a mess though im afraid and going strictly off of RPI, some good teams are goina get the shaft in November.
My concern is schools shutting down during playoffs. What happens then? What happens if team 1 is scheduled to play team 2 and team 1, even though they are a higher seed, is forced to quarantine? What happens then? So many damn variables to consider.
(11-02-2020, 02:48 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Imo, district seeding should go off of over all regular season record. Then seed the district and have an inter disctrict playoff.
First round: 1v4/2v3
Second round 1v4 winner v 2v3 winner
Then reseed for the next 3 rounds. Either that or you take the top 2 district seeds and thats the end of it. Its going to be a mess though im afraid and going strictly off of RPI, some good teams are goina get the shaft in November.
RPI isn’t perfect. But it’s better than what we had. But the only problem with going off of overall record is you’ll have some teams pad their schedule to get the #1 spot. There’s no reward for playing a tough schedule. Personally I don’t see a problem in going off head to head district matchups. That’s the only true way to figure it out. But if people are worried about good teams getting the shaft late in the year, then RPI is perfect. You get rewarded for playing a tougher schedule
(11-02-2020, 02:50 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: My concern is schools shutting down during playoffs. What happens then? What happens if team 1 is scheduled to play team 2 and team 1, even though they are a higher seed, is forced to quarantine? What happens then? So many damn variables to consider.
I do agree with ya on that. It is concerning. But from what I’ve read (has not been confirmed) they team who don’t play forfeits in the tournament. Unfortunately I don’t see another way around it. You can’t keep postponing the game week after week. And also, we have less than honest coaches around, who might postpone if they could just got get someone healthy Who is injured. So I guess with this, the worst solution is the only solution
Im fine with how things are if there wasnt an issue of Covid involved. I waa speaking for this particular year in general. With some districts not getting all games in, etc. Unless you force a te that cancels to actually forfeit the game, then you almost have to have an interdisctrict playoff in the first 1 rounds wouldnt you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Hound05
(11-02-2020, 03:16 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Im fine with how things are if there wasnt an issue of Covid involved. I waa speaking for this particular year in general. With some districts not getting all games in, etc. Unless you force a te that cancels to actually forfeit the game, then you almost have to have an interdisctrict playoff in the first 1 rounds wouldnt you?
Oh ok I see what you mean now. Yea absolutely!! This season, the KHSAA wasn’t prepared for, once it got going. They should have figured this stuff out before a single game was played. They should have also known that RPI wasn’t developed for something like what we are experiencing now, shortened season, tie games, etc.
It also looks to me like certain programs are intentionally not playing district games. Sayre Vs. Pikeville for example.
(11-02-2020, 11:57 AM)64SUR Wrote: Pineville 2-1
Harlan 1-1
Williamsburg 1-0
Lynn Camp 0-2

Side note ......Williamsburg beat Pineville 40-0
Standings wouldn't be listed this way - it goes by percentages:

Williamsburg is 1-0 - that's 1,000 percent
Pineville is 2-1 - that's .667
https://twitter.com/NateInSports/status/...2119245824

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

I guess I missed this or misunderstood this

It APPEARS KHSAA is using RPI for virtual games to decide outcomes of non-played district games.
So each team's district record will include same amount of games in final district seeding

https://khsaa.org/tie-breaking-game-resu...-contests/

https://twitter.com/NateInSports/status/...1078204420

Notably:

*Manual would be credited with win over St. Xavier
*Scott County would be credited with win over Frederick Douglass
*DeSales would be credited with losses to both CAL and Mercer
*Knox Central would be credited with a win over Wayne