Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Big Man in the Mtns.
Theairupthere Wrote:Dustin Day - Pineville
Garrison Collins - JBS
Devan Adams - Pikeville
these three are good big men who have a future in college basketball if they work hard enough.

:thumpsup: Those are the best 3 and I deff think these 3 could play play and the next level if they work hard!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Get off my back. A parent on here trying to get under the skin of kids. Great role model.
Sheez, I was just asking if he was such a great leaper why he didnt do the jump ball and stuff. Not trying to get under anyones skin.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Devon Adams will be the best big man by seasons end...Pikeville needs to get him the ball more...watched him in the scrimmage against KCC...he scored or got to the FT line every time he got the ball...I mean my god you have a 6'10 center that can play...GET HIM THE BALL!!!
Elwayfan Wrote:Are the Pikeville coaches going to play him on the blocks this year, or still play him high like last year?

Looks like more of the same this year. Trying to fit a big man in a guard oriented offense. Going to be a long year if this continues. Sad
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Looks like more of the same this year. Trying to fit a big man in a guard oriented offense. Going to be a long year if this continues. Sad
All that I have to say about him playing out on the floor, is his coaches and both his parents like the idea. He will be posted up on the block, and playing out on the floor also. If he can play on the floor, and he can. Why not?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I heard that Dustin May isnt even going to be playing basketball. Can anyone from Belfry either confirm or deny this?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:All that I have to say about him playing out on the floor, is his coaches and both his parents like the idea. He will be posted up on the block, and playing out on the floor also. If he can play on the floor, and he can. Why not?
Not smart that is why. 6"10" needs to be on the block. That is Pikeville's ticket to Rupp. Looks like more of the same. Pikeville is going to blow it if they do not use Adams better.
Jared Newman when he gets to play.
Cat Fan Wrote:Jared Newman when he gets to play.

If he gets to play is the question.
If Pikeville wants to do more than just play for a regional championship, they have to get Adams the ball more. Last season I saw too many forced shots at the guard play instead of looking in at the big man
i think the big kid from p-ville maybe, but if you consider hatfield from valley a big man then he will defienently be the best
good luck jared newman you can be one of the best big men ,lets hope you come back soon.
[INDENT]
BlueBloodBobcat Wrote:good luck jared newman you can be one of the best big men ,lets hope you come back soon.
Newman is very overated.....not even close to one of the best big man in the mountains....Adams is the only player even close to a good big man other than that i cant think of anyone.....
[/INDENT]
uk96 Wrote:I would think that if that was true then the Sporting News would not have named him honorable mention All American...

That doesn't mean anything except that he is tall. He has never been able to play ball and he never will. He has height and thats it. It is almost impossible to miss a goal from right under the basket when all you have to do is put your arm up and the ball goes in. Anyone who says he is good is lying thru their teeth, you actually have to be able to handle the ball and shoot from the outside, not get the ball taken away everytime you try to dribble it.
Elwayfan Wrote:700 Lbs! What's his height and weight? I want to see this kid.

do you guys even know what you're talking about? You don't have to be tall or be 500lbs to be strong. I know a boy that is 6'6 and is around 300lbs and he dead lifts over 800lbs.
Richard Caudill From Kcc, I Heard He's Tough
pantherplaya Wrote:i think the big kid from p-ville maybe, but if you consider hatfield from valley a big man then he will defienently be the best

I know Ashley isnt 100% coming off a injury, but as far as Shelby Valley is concerned, I would put Curby in front of Ashley at this point in the season. That might, and most likely will change before the season is out. But the scrimmage at Allen Central, that is the way I seen it.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know Ashley isnt 100% coming off a injury, but as far as Shelby Valley is concerned, I would put Curby in front of Ashley at this point in the season. That might, and most likely will change before the season is out. But the scrimmage at Allen Central, that is the way I seen it.
Trust me that will change. Ashley is a special player. But I would not consider Ashley a big man.
I know it will change before the season is out. I just ment at the scrimmage that is the way it was. Ashley is a very good player just a little off his game after his injury. Which is understandable for any player.
Benchwarmer Wrote:He could be the best big man in the 14th if he was passed the ball.

im with u, if he was passed the ball he would be the best.
Adams from pikeville has imporved alot and will be one of the best in the mountains and i also seen a KCC game the other night and seen a big guy for them doing well but not a dominate force but he will help them this year though
they need to play adams on the block and get him the ball alot motre if they have hope of getting to rupp they have good guards but have to depend on adams if they want to keep there dreams alive, he is automatic from close no one in the region is his size all they have to do if find ways of getting him the ball