Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex Grossman Benched
I was watching the Michael Vick thing on ESPN and they said that Brain Greise will be the starting QB this week. Do you all agree with this and do you think Grossman will ever get another chance to lead an NFL team?
I would have benched him last year...I dont think another team will take a chance on him.
Yeah I agree with it. He has been arguably the worst QB in the league easily over the last season and a half.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah I would have benched him wayy before now if I were Lovie(sp) Smith. He has been a very inconsistent QB and he proved that in the biggest game in football. Brian Grese is an experienced Quarterback who will lead the Bears to a lot of wins this season, for Grossman he really has some soul searching to do.
They had some figures up on the TV. Not really sure what total amount of games that the stats were based on, but out of all the QB's with at least 150 attempts he had the lowest passer rating, second highest amount of INT's, then in however many games he had the 3-4th lowest amount of passing yards in a game. I think his time is done as Chicago's starting QB unless Greise gets hurt.
Grossman had flashes early last season and at one point looked like he was ready to lead the Bears. Then all of the sudden he was stinking the field up. I don't blame them for making the change. Grossman can't say the Bears didn't give him an opportunity to succeed. They didn't ask him to do anything spectacular. Just manage the game and give them a chance to win.
Grossman is a horrible game manager, makes terrible decisions, and is at best a career backup. Griese will make much better decisions. Wont put up big numbers, but will manage game situations better...
I never seen a qb play as bad as he has and still stay the starter.This was a no brainer gee whiz!!