Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 teams in the 10th Region for 08
Hello everyone, I’m a huge high school baseball fan that just moved into the 40th District\10th Region area a month ago. Plan on watching as many local district games as my job will allow this spring. Just curious who some of the better players\teams are in this area.
Welcome. The teams that you see most often win in the 10th are Harrison and GRC. I think GRC will be somewhat down this year. They lost 3 very good pitchers who had winning records. Greene, Rose, and Duvall. In the outfield they lost Turner and Wood who had great bats and very strong arms. Not sure about the names, but I think that the third baseman and first baseman also graduated. They will be entering this season as a very young team but return around 4 starters. I'm sure Coach Allison will have them prepared and ready to go when the season comes around. Montgomery County has a young team as well and Coach Combs has already done wonders with the boys. They will have a decent team as well entering the 2008 season.
Godspeed Wrote:Welcome. The teams that you see most often win in the 10th are Harrison and GRC. I think GRC will be somewhat down this year. They lost 3 very good pitchers who had winning records. Greene, Rose, and Duvall. In the outfield they lost Turner and Wood who had great bats and very strong arms. Not sure about the names, but I think that the third baseman and first baseman also graduated. They will be entering this season as a very young team but return around 4 starters. I'm sure Coach Allison will have them prepared and ready to go when the season comes around. Montgomery County has a young team as well and Coach Combs has already done wonders with the boys. They will have a decent team as well entering the 2008 season.
Thanks for the info Godspeed,
Got to see Montgomery play twice the last two weekends in Champions fall league. GRC nor Bourbon have a teams playing in the league, which I was a little surprised by, I was hoping to see both of these teams play as well. I hear from co-workers that GRC/Montgomery is a pretty good rivalry and Montgomery knocked a heavily favored Bourbon Co. team out of 1st round of the district last year, so that should interesting as well this year.
again thanks for the info.............
socks3341 Wrote:Thanks for the info Godspeed,
Got to see Montgomery play twice the last two weekends in Champions fall league. GRC nor Bourbon have a teams playing in the league, which I was a little surprised by, I was hoping to see both of these teams play as well. I hear from co-workers that GRC/Montgomery is a pretty good rivalry and Montgomery knocked a heavily favored Bourbon Co. team out of 1st round of the district last year, so that should interesting as well this year.
again thanks for the info.............
The upset you were talking about happened during the first round of district play. Montgomery was down 4-2 I think and came back to win 6-4. Bourbon had a very stacked team with two pretty good pitchers but Montgomery has a very good coach and everyone will see a new and improved team in this upcoming 2008 season.
Harrison County is always good
sumj45 Wrote:Harrison County is always good
How will they be this year after losing last year's senior class?
I look for Montgomery to make a BIG statement this year in the 10th....after a few very bad years i think last years momentum will take them deep into the playoffs, and having Coach Combs makes the world of difference. He is, and always will be, the hadest working coach around!!