Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle 16 Lexington Catholic 10
No dog in this fight, not a moderator and definitely not a troll.

Many have commented that the stats do not support the score, but I think the game played out exactly the way LC had planned; don't allow Boyle to turn this into a track meet and give yourself a chance to win the game in the 4th qtr.

With that said, I went to this game and it was definitely not as one sided as it reads on this board and as I noted above, Catholic was willing to give up 5 yds and 1st down but not the big play.
LC had a couple of missed opportunities to put points on the board that I do not believe have been mentioned.

LC opening drive, LC receiver caught 40 yd pass in the end zone but was ruled out of bounds. (right call definitely out of bounds)
On the ensuing drive, LC db jumped a wr screen and simply failed to complete the catch. It is an easy 6 if makes the catch. .
Boyle wr's put the ball on the ground 2x. Who recovered is irrelevant to this discussion, but ball security has to be addressed by Boyle.

Agree that there were some head scratching call by referees. Thought #66 should have been excused from the game after the personal foul; really good player but no room for that nonsense in HS football. That is a rule I would like to see KHSAA review.

Boyle run defense was dominant and was the difference in the game. I don;t think Catholic had 35 yds rushing the ball.
(10-09-2021, 12:52 AM)Westside Wrote: There is nothing more entertaining than a Boyle County thread after a close game.  I always get me a big bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.  Keep it rolling guys.  I LOVE IT. LOL!!!!

You don’t get that opportunity very often because Boyle doesn’t lose often I believe only 3 games in the last 5 years, and I don’t make excuses for them I just call it like I see it!!!
I think Iggyfan is spot on. I think LC had a game plan that worked except they made some mistakes. Boyle’s was to control the ball and run to set up big play. It worked well except they too made some mistakes.

It all boils down to a 6 point win that should give both teams things to work on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Iggyfan
(10-09-2021, 11:03 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 12:52 AM)Westside Wrote: There is nothing more entertaining than a Boyle County thread after a close game.  I always get me a big bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.  Keep it rolling guys.  I LOVE IT. LOL!!!!

You don’t get that opportunity very often because Boyle doesn’t lose often I believe only 3 games in the last 5 years, and I don’t make excuses for them I just call it like I see it!!!

I am curious if it were the same crew that officiated the Frederick Douglass and Scott County game 2 weeks ago. It sounded almost exactly the same I think in that game the penalties were like 18-4. Douglass had 3 touchdowns called back and two interceptions negated by penalties. It sounds just like the officials that called that game.
(10-09-2021, 01:50 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 12:08 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Catholic had the ball in the redzone 4 times and twice came away with nothing. This game was definitely not all Boyle County. Catholic qb fumbled in the endzone that caused a touchback. Boyle definitely has some holes in their secondary. Also Catholic dropped a lot of passes tonight. I will say this Gillis to Lanter is almost unstoppable.

I know a team that has some good defensive backs :)

(10-09-2021, 10:45 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: No dog in this fight, not a moderator and definitely not a troll.

Many have commented that the stats do not support the score, but I think the game played out exactly the way LC had planned; don't allow Boyle to turn this into a track meet and give yourself a chance to win the game in the 4th qtr.

With that said, I went to this game and it was definitely not as one sided as it reads on this board and as I noted above, Catholic was willing to give up 5 yds and 1st down but not the big play.
LC had a couple of missed opportunities to put points on the board that I do not believe have been mentioned.

LC opening drive, LC receiver caught 40 yd pass in the end zone but was ruled out of bounds. (right call definitely out of bounds)
On the ensuing drive, LC db jumped a wr screen and simply failed to complete the catch. It is an easy 6 if makes the catch. .
Boyle wr's put the ball on the ground 2x. Who recovered is irrelevant to this discussion, but ball security has to be addressed by Boyle.

Agree that there were some head scratching call by referees. Thought #66 should have been excused from the game after the personal foul; really good player but no room for that nonsense in HS football. That is a rule I would like to see KHSAA review.

Boyle run defense was dominant and was the difference in the game. I don;t think Catholic had 35 yds rushing the ball.

Troll comment was not about you. It was about the admin who always trolls BC.

I don't think there were too many bad calls myself. There are always calls that seem odd to me on both sides. The late hit out of bounds seemed a little weak to me but it was close. I don't think the LC player caught the long pass that appeared to hit the ground. The unsportmanlike flag wasn't as bad as it looked. I do think he was blocking after the whistle but the reason he fell on him was because the defensive player had two hands full of jersey. He had no choice. He was blocking after the whistle but he did not jump on him, he was pulled down. I had no problem with that 15 yards.

LC is a well coached team. Boyle had 3 trips in which they almost always end up with 21 points and this time they ended up with 9. Most nights that would mean a 21-3 lead at the half. Boyle hardly threw a pass in the redzone. Not sure why but Haddix is a better coach than I am. Of course CREDIT LC'S DEFENSE AS BEING A REASON THEY ONLY CAME AWAY WITH 9 INSTEAD OF 21 !!!!!!.

There was also a Boyle starter who had the worst game probably of his life last night. No idea what was up with him but just one issue after another. It happens. You win as a team and lose as a team. Hopefully his teammates pick him up and come out ready to play next week. I've seen some funny games between LC and Boyle. I'll take the ugly win.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Rebel55
Agree about the unsportsmanlike out of bounds - did not seem flagrant and probably should not have been called. Having not been raised in KY but now living in Lexington, I follow FD, LCA and Lex Cath. No true allegiance to any of the programs, they just happen to be the better programs in the area.

At the end of the day, Boyle maintained possession of the ball the final 5 minutes of the game to seal the win; that is what good teams do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Hatz
(10-09-2021, 10:45 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: No dog in this fight,  not a moderator and definitely not a troll. 

Many have commented that the stats do not support the score, but I think the game played out exactly the way LC had planned; don't allow Boyle to turn this into a track meet and give yourself a chance to  win the game in the 4th qtr.

With that said, I went to this game and it was definitely not as one sided  as it reads on this board and as I noted above, Catholic was willing to give up 5 yds and 1st down but not the big play. 

On the ensuing drive,  LC db jumped a wr screen and simply failed to complete the catch. It is an easy 6 if makes the catch. . 

Your 2nd to last paragraph… what happened? Care to explain? Just curious
(10-09-2021, 11:03 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:

I loved those ‘18 and ‘19 threads between us. Majority of us presented excuses, then a year later majority of Boyle presented excuses.  But man there was some good debates during that. Probably some personal fouls….. haha. He’ll think granny bear ejected 1 or 2. ?
(10-09-2021, 06:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

I loved those ‘18 and ‘19 threads between us. Majority of us presented excuses, then a year later majority of Boyle presented excuses.  But man there was some good debates during that. Probably some personal fouls….. haha. He’ll think granny bear ejected 1 or 2. ?

#freefosho
(10-09-2021, 07:09 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

#freefosho

He would be on fire about right now lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115

LOL.  I bet you do.  You are one of the worst.
(10-09-2021, 06:18 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 10:45 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: No dog in this fight,  not a moderator and definitely not a troll. 

Many have commented that the stats do not support the score, but I think the game played out exactly the way LC had planned; don't allow Boyle to turn this into a track meet and give yourself a chance to  win the game in the 4th qtr.

With that said, I went to this game and it was definitely not as one sided  as it reads on this board and as I noted above, Catholic was willing to give up 5 yds and 1st down but not the big play. 

On the ensuing drive,  LC db jumped a wr screen and simply failed to complete the catch. It is an easy 6 if makes the catch. . 

Your 2nd to last paragraph… what happened? Care to explain? Just curious
Refs had blown the whistle and the play was over; play had gone to the right but on the left side of the field, Boyle OL did not come off his block & continued to block LC db into the ground about 10 yds behind the line of scrimmage. As the 2 got up, it appeared the Boyle OL stood over the LC player. Optics were not good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Hound05

#freefosho
No comment
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115

Granny is awesome. lol
(10-09-2021, 07:41 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

#freefosho

He would be on fire about right now lol!
I would have him melting down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(10-09-2021, 09:16 PM)Westside Wrote:

Jack Lambert plants quarterbacks.

My posts say otherwise, just keep on Trolling!!!
(10-10-2021, 08:11 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:

My posts say otherwise, just keep on Trolling!!!

You're too funny.. Nobody is trolling.  I'm just stating facts.
This score is deceptive. Boyle had a few TDs taken off the board and LexCath's only TD was the result of a really bad late hit out of bounds call. If these two meet in the playoffs, LexCath is in a world of trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Refs had blown the whistle and the play was over; play had gone to the right but on the left side of the field, Boyle OL did not come off his block & continued to block LC db into the ground about 10 yds behind the line of scrimmage. As the 2 got up, it appeared the Boyle OL stood over the LC player. Optics were not good.

Wait, a big ole' lineman drove block a little DB and piled drove him to the ground.. and stood over over him? LOL the TREND of getting into someone's face when a player makes some slightly above average play, like in this case a little DB, is so lame.
Hopefully he puts him into the stands when they meet in the playoffs.
(10-12-2021, 01:01 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Hopefully he puts him into the stands when they meet in the playoffs.
 Well I'm sure their/ Boyle's next opponent after LC hopes so too, cause he won't play due to being ejected LOL, but still lame!
(10-12-2021, 01:13 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:01 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Hopefully he puts him into the stands when they meet in the playoffs.
 Well I'm sure their/ Boyle's next opponent after LC hopes so too, cause he won't play due to being ejected LOL, but still lame!

Did I miss something who was ejected?
(10-12-2021, 01:23 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:13 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

NOT SURE if you read james statement, he stated he "Hopefully he puts him into the stands when they meet in the playoffs", so if that tough guy lineman pile drives the little ole LC DB in to the stance (which he meant stance instead of stands) they I surely hope the ref will have enough fortitude to call a flagrant and eject such behavior... but if you condone such behavior then no point on this convo right.
[-] The following 2 users Like A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Iggyfan, Jack Lambert
Take a joke man. Take a joke lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(10-12-2021, 02:13 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Take a joke man. Take a joke lol
I do lol that is why I was laughing as I was typing.
[-] The following 2 users Like A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Jack Lambert, jamesclay
(10-12-2021, 01:23 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:13 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

I see crazy people. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cobraxx