Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Raceland 62 Betsy Layne 20
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations to the Rams
This game was like a trip to the dentist
Congrats to the Rams on the victory. I thought the Bobcat fought hard. Rome wasn't built in a day. Get ready for Paintsville.
QB is a large human being
Congrats Rams…
Ouch. A little more of a spread than I expected.
Way to go Rams!
We got hit with some big plays again tonight. We gotta clean those up. BL fought hard, just didnt have the horses. Kudos for the Rams keeping their heads when things got chippy. Lundy is growing and making more and more throws that he couldnt make a mo th ago. Completed 12/16 tonight i believe and 5 TDs, plus 2 rushing. Defense just has to get the deep middle sorted out in the secondary. But we held BL to less than 200 total yards and that was witb a 70 yard bomb.
Raceland putting up some huge numbers in this one!
If Betsy Layne had a defense they could be a dangerous team. They have a good QB and some receivers with decent speed but couldn’t stop anything on defense. That being said, they look like a program that is building something in the right direction and I wish them the best moving forward.
I felt bad for BL QB. We rocked him several times on free run blitzes. At one point I didn’t think he was gonna make it through the whole game…..he needs some help! I think Lundy has a great career ahead of him. I believe he has the arm strength, ability and the right mind for the game to play at the next level if he chooses to. I hate this stretch of the Rams schedule. I know it’s district play and there nothing you can do about it but starting at the Rowan Co game till Paintsville there isn’t much competition….expect for WC. I’ve always felt that the Rams needed to beef up their schedule over the years.
Can’t force people to play you. Have tried to get Wheelersburg for several years on schedule. Calls are made every year to a lot of teams. Lincoln co. Was a one year deal. They will have to be replaced.
Closer early than I expected but the final margin was about what I expected. No crow for me today PJD. ?
Just got the time to watch the replay of the stream.

Betsy Layne just hadn't seen a team that operates nearly as good as Raceland does. They come out and turned the ball over on their first play, but was able to settle down in the second quarter and make some plays to keep the game within' striking distance. Raceland killed whatever hope and momentum BL had right before half with the quick score. Rams never looked back afterwards.

You've got to respect Chase Mimms. He took some big hits in this game and got right back up. Hopefully Jarrell and the Bobcats can learn a lot from the film in this game and get ready for Paintsville.

Kudos to Raceland... good program that plays smart football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Slic Ric