Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 67 Floyd Central 32
Final from FCHS

Apparently there was almost a fight between the two coaching staffs and fans.

WMDJ shared what they were told what had happened over the radio.... Apparently two BL footballs were on the FCHS sideline. The official told a BL assistant or two they could go over and get their footballs back and the Floyd Central coaches did not like that. That then lead to fans having words also. Haven't seen any video yet.

Crazy....
Way to go Bobcats!
The incident happened in the last couple minutes.
I just watched it.

IF the referee told the two BL coaches to go get their football back then that was just flat out stupid on the refs part and it wasn't a smart move for the two BL coaches either to go attempt to retrieve your footballs during the game. You're just asking for problems.

Seems like tempers flare every time Betsy Layne plays a game. Jarrell is young and he's learning, but they've got a lot of things to address at BL. They're going to find it hard to schedule teams if this is what they become known for.
Congratulations to Betsy Layne
Jarrell is a good coach, but a young coach. Not sure if his JV ran up the score, I didn't watch the game, but if he left his starters in the whole game then turnaround is fair play the next few years. Congrats to the Bobcats on an exceptional season, nonetheless.
Congrats Bobcats
(10-30-2021, 12:23 AM)Red and Black Wrote: Jarrell is a good coach, but a young coach. Not sure if his JV ran up the score, I didn't watch the game, but if he left his starters in the whole game then turnaround is fair play the next few years. Congrats to the Bobcats on an exceptional season, nonetheless.
Seriously doubt they will get past Paintsville next week.
(10-30-2021, 02:11 AM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 12:23 AM)Red and Black Wrote: Jarrell is a good coach, but a young coach. Not sure if his JV ran up the score, I didn't watch the game, but if he left his starters in the whole game then turnaround is fair play the next few years. Congrats to the Bobcats on an exceptional season, nonetheless.
Seriously doubt they will get past Paintsville next week.

I agree, still a great season for them.
(10-29-2021, 11:02 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Final from FCHS

Apparently there was almost a fight between the two coaching staffs and fans.

WMDJ shared what they were told what had happened over the radio.... Apparently two BL footballs were on the FCHS sideline. The official told a BL assistant or two they could go over and get their footballs back and the Floyd Central coaches did not like that. That then lead to fans having words also. Haven't seen any video yet.

Crazy....

When I was coaching, I had a football stolen by some South Floyd fans.  It happened during the game, and I saw it happen.  I confronted their coach at midfield after the game, and he tried giving me a scuffed up ball.  The one stolen was new, so I declined the offer.  To his credit he had no idea what had happened.  I never did get the ball back.
That whole situation confuses me how’s two  balls get over there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Westside
We kicked a field goal and at Floyd Central when you kick a field goal it goes over the fenced in area where the football field is and into a little gully behind the fence and in front of the rock cliff of weeds. There’s no gate to get out of the fenced in areas so a parent go get it that was standing on the fence. When he got over there kids had taken the ball and it ended up in the Floyd central pep section. Coach Jarrell asked the white hat if he could go get our ball cause it was a brand new ball. The refs told coach to send two assistant coaches from our sideline over to get it. So that’s the two that went. Apparently the refs didn’t tell the Floyd central coaches and they went off as well as the fans. And rightfully so, two assistant coaches coming over to the pep section probably didn’t look good in their eyes. But we were told by the white hat to go get it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Off topic, but I would have to guess that Floyd Central has the highest field elevation in the entire state.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I think we may have them beaten. I can't find elevation for the specific fields, but Harlan County as a whole is higher in elevation than Floyd County. Since HCHS is 20 miles from the highest point in the state, I believe we have that title down pat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Pulp Fiction