Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 57 Fairview 0
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This game was the poster child for why 4 teams from each district should not make the playoffs
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • scrappy coco
Way to go Rams!
Good Grief Charlie Brown. 17 players dressed, practicing during the week against grown men, coaches, and bystanders, please someone help us. How much longer does this "Process" last? Sincerely Every Eagle fan
[-] The following 1 user Likes scrappy coco's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Ive had plenty of back and forth over the yewrs with Scrappy and Clint. Ive had my time on the field and on the court with Fairview, both as a player and as a coach. My distain and borderline hatred for all things Fairview, have been noted. That being said, its really sad to see a program at the point that the Eagles are in. I dont mean that in a point and laugh kind of way either. This is a program that not long ago, was winning regional titles and made a trip to the title game. The issues are well documented and there is no reason to go kicking a dead dog. Im just at a loss as to where the fire went for Fairview football. Even before the McPeak era, there was fight and fire. Its just not there any more. The 2 games Raceland has played with Fairvew this season, were pitiful and again, im not trying to poke fun. Ive just never seen a program this depleted. I sincerely hope the powers that be can do something to turn the program back around. Is this something that is going to spill over into other sports?
(11-05-2021, 07:46 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Ive had plenty of back and forth over the yewrs with Scrappy and Clint. Ive had my time on the field and on the court with Fairview, both as a player and as a coach. My distain and borderline hatred for all things Fairview, have been noted. That being said, its really sad to see a program at the point that the Eagles are in. I dont mean that in a point and laugh kind of way either. This is a program that not long ago, was winning regional titles and made a trip to the title game. The issues are well documented and there is no reason to go kicking a dead dog. Im just at a loss as to where the fire went for Fairview football. Even before the McPeak era, there was fight and fire. Its just not there any more. The 2 games Raceland has played with Fairvew this season, were pitiful and again, im not trying to poke fun. Ive just never seen a program this depleted. I sincerely hope the powers that be can do something to turn the program back around. Is this something that is going to spill over into other sports?
Football wasn’t the only program that went from great to borderline nonexistent.  The trouble that happened during the McPeek era for sure spilled over and hurt their other successful programs too. Before and during the the McPeek football they had a great girls track and XC program.  In 2010 they won the Class A state title in cross country and were runner up in 2011.  In track they consistently produced individual state champions and even had state records broken and one even still stands now (Lashea Preston 300m hurdles 2004).  Then the controversy with the football program happened and the good coaches that they had left and their talent transferred.  Now they can’t even field a full team and have maybe 5 kids on the roster. It really is sad to see what happened to a school that once had respectful competitive programs because of some selfish adults who got to walk away without consequence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Redneck
Very sad for sure. Like i said, I hope they can turn things around. But the atheletic department has definitely got an uphill climb.
Being a Paintsville fan, I understand to some degree what Fairview is going through. Paintsville got lucky in that we had a coach take the head position that knew the program, game, and how to get kids to compete. PLUS we had All-state/ all American talent in the pipeline. However, we don’t keep the talent without Chirico that came in and changed the culture overnight.
Class A football isn’t impossible to build a title contender. It can be done but it takes a little luck and a lot of commitment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Redneck
(11-05-2021, 10:31 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Being a Paintsville fan, I understand to some degree what Fairview is going through. Paintsville got lucky in that we had a coach take the head position that knew the program, game, and how to get kids to compete. PLUS we had All-state/ all American talent in the pipeline. However, we don’t keep the talent without Chirico that came in and changed the culture overnight.
Class A football isn’t impossible to build a title contender. It can be done but it takes a little luck and a lot of commitment.
The problems with Fairview now goes beyond sports.  Unfortunately I can see it being one of the long list of Class A schools that had to consolidate with one of its larger neighbors in the next 10 years or so.
Fairview is losing money yearly and about as low sports wise as they can get.. They will either consolidate with Boyd or Ashland within the next few years. Congrats Rams