Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In your Opinion: Top Linebacker on your Team?
Who has the motor on your team at the Linebacker position?
#35 for Pikeville. Brenden Anthony. Just a Soph. but gives it his all. Always around the ball making tackles. Plays more like a senior. This young man will knock the snot out of you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Patriot1
(09-20-2022, 11:09 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: #35 for Pikeville. Brenden Anthony. Just a Soph. but gives it his all. Always around the ball making tackles. Plays more like a senior. This young man will knock the snot out of you!

Love it! Makes me think of Ronnie Lott the way you say that!
Bryce Pugh for Leslie County is a very good player at the linebacker position and by far the best player on the Eagles defense.  Top 25 in the state in Solo Tackles if I recall correctly.
Baker and Hammack are having great years for Corbin so far
[-] The following 2 users Like BlueBlood10's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Bump
(09-20-2022, 12:24 PM)BlueBlood10 Wrote: Baker and Hammack are having great years for Corbin so far
Agree
Cole Sims for Boyle. At 6-2 195lbs, plays the run very hard and can cover WR's. Great edge rusher.
Dalton Stone for Boyle County.
(09-20-2022, 07:49 PM)rebels1984 Wrote: Cole Sims for Boyle. At 6-2 195lbs, plays the run very hard and can cover WR's. Great edge rusher.

Did he start last year at linebacker?
(09-20-2022, 07:49 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Dalton Stone for Boyle County.

How about this kid, did he start last year?
(09-20-2022, 07:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 07:49 PM)rebels1984 Wrote: Cole Sims for Boyle. At 6-2 195lbs, plays the run very hard and can cover WR's. Great edge rusher.

Did he start last year at linebacker?
Did not start until 3rd game , finished the year 2nd in tackles,  behind Stone.

(09-20-2022, 07:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 07:49 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Dalton Stone for Boyle County.

How about this kid, did he start last year?
Yes, middle LB
[-] The following 1 user Likes rebels1984's post:
  • Bull got out!
If rovers or OLB’s are included. Wells for Corbin. But I also believe hammock and baker are doing great. There’s one area hammock is lacking in, but if he gets it down, watch out. The kid will be a beast! Baker is the quiet hero. Does a lot of stuff right that don’t stick out on paper. But I guarantee you’d notice if he was out of there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Jr. Bryce Pugh for Leslie County is the most underrated linebacker in Ky. The lack of media presence in the mountains really hurts this kid. On KHSAA website, his defense numbers are off the charts, including an amazing 19 Tackles for Loss in 4 games. That leads State in all divisions. 5.5 sacks. That shows he plays downhill the whole time!
[-] The following 2 users Like Onward Leslie!'s post:
  • Bull got out!, TheStickyBandit
(09-21-2022, 09:48 AM)Onward Leslie! Wrote: Jr. Bryce Pugh for Leslie County is the most underrated linebacker in Ky.  The lack of media presence in the mountains really hurts this kid. On KHSAA website, his defense numbers are off the charts, including an amazing 19 Tackles for Loss in 4 games. That leads State in all divisions. 5.5 sacks. That shows he plays downhill the whole time!

As a Leslie County fan, I am inclined to agree. 

To another point you mention, media coverage in the mountains is terrible in most places as far representing the student athletes in the region. With that being said, LC has never done a very good job of promoting their kids or getting them exposure to college coaches. Leslie has had a few kids play college football over the last 10-15 years (Ethan Horton- University of Louisville , Blake Bray- UPIKE, Jon Brewer won a national championship as a defensive lineman at The Cumberlands if I remember correctly, not to mention there are several former Eagles on the current roster at Union) but there are a number of other kids that probably could have made a college roster and just did not get any exposure. 

I understand that everyone can't play college ball (There simply isn't enough roster space regardless of talent) but that doesn't make it any less disappointing to see.
Kory Combs from Breathitt. #29
Shorty Combs' son.
He's just a Soph but is a stud at MLB.
He's great against run but could improve on pass some. Could see him being a multi year all stater.
Not bad at FB/RB either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Bull got out!
Phoenix Eddington Perry Central
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!
Bump
Bump
Bump
Not my team, but Maddox Mink and Lucas McKee at Southwestern deserve a shoutout. I watched the Southwestern-Pulaski game and they were both major disruptors.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
Stevie Todd Layne East Ridge
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roncris8's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-20-2022, 11:09 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: #35 for Pikeville. Brenden Anthony. Just a Soph. but gives it his all. Always around the ball making tackles. Plays more like a senior. This young man will knock the snot out of you!
I was gonna make a comment about tackles, but I’m gonna leave that to myself because it’s hard to tell tone and a joke reading something online. But yes I remember an LB from pikeville I think ILB, that had some talent and pretty big, especially if it’s the same one I’m thinking if that’s a sophomore
(11-01-2022, 07:50 AM)Shogun Wrote: Not my team, but Maddox Mink and Lucas McKee at Southwestern deserve a shoutout. I watched the Southwestern-Pulaski game and they were both major disruptors.
Absolutely. A lot don’t realize how good PCs offense is. SW had several 4th down stops that game. I would see a total of 24 inches might have turned that game around completely!
This from an Etown fan: "Vince Carrico for OC is the real deal on both sides of the ball." I think this kid was 2nd in 2A in tackles last year as a freshman and is 2nd in tackles this year at 13.9 tackles per game. I hear he will flat run over you on the offensive side of the ball too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ace in the Hole's post:
  • Bull got out!
Bump