Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 50 Martin County 47
Final. 

Man Coach King looks bad. Is he sick?
(12-06-2022, 10:34 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Final. 

Man Coach King looks bad.  Is he sick?

I know he battled cancer not too long ago. I was wondering about his health earlier in the year at his press conference announcing his hiring at Breathitt and then again when I saw his interview on the WYMT roundball preview. I hope he's okay.
It’s early but breathitt didn’t look good at all. Sperry didn’t score until 2 mins to go in the 4th quarter. The zone Martin run defensively caused the bobcats fits all game. Collins looked good and I think bb is using him the right way. The rest of the players hasn’t improved since middle school. Hoskins is bad out of shape but he did give them a spark off the bench offensively. On defense he can’t stay in front of anyone. They blow by him if he extends his defense past the foul line. He needs to be planted down low and stay there. I know it’s early but I’m disappointed in their play. I watched hazard play Harlan and I think hazard is a better team at this point of the season. I’m going to go out on a limb and say Harlan beats bhs by 15 Friday.
(12-07-2022, 12:20 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: It’s early but breathitt didn’t look good at all. Sperry didn’t score until 2 mins to go in the 4th quarter. The zone Martin run defensively caused the bobcats fits all game. Collins looked good and I think bb is using him the right way. The rest of the players hasn’t improved since middle school. Hoskins is bad out of shape but he did give them a spark off the bench offensively. On defense he can’t stay in front of anyone. They blow by him if he extends his defense past the foul line. He needs to be planted down low and stay there. I know it’s early but I’m disappointed in their play. I watched hazard play Harlan and I think hazard is a better team at this point of the season. I’m going to go out on a limb and say Harlan beats bhs by 15 Friday.
I’ll take double of whatever you’re smoking. BHS will beat Harlan 10+. Collins will give them fits. Combs and Luke Bellamy will be knocking the 3’s down, Issac Bellamy will be making those hustle plays, Sperry will be running the fast breaks, Hoskins holding the middle down. I’m taking Breathitt on the spread. #Catsby90
(12-07-2022, 12:20 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: It’s early but breathitt didn’t look good at all. Sperry didn’t score until 2 mins to go in the 4th quarter. The zone Martin run defensively caused the bobcats fits all game. Collins looked good and I think bb is using him the right way. The rest of the players hasn’t improved since middle school. Hoskins is bad out of shape but he did give them a spark off the bench offensively. On defense he can’t stay in front of anyone. They blow by him if he extends his defense past the foul line. He needs to be planted down low and stay

there. I know it’s early but I’m disappointed in their play. I watched hazard play Harlan and I think hazard is a better team at this point of the season. I’m going to go out on a limb and say Harlan beats bhs by 15 Friday.

Way too early!!! This is new style for them and not what they’re use to playing. A possession by possession game and Did they look sloppy yes!!! Very sloppy!!! But watch see if they won’t beat Harlan!!! This first time I have seen this team play as a team and share the ball. You wait they be hard to handle in few weeks. Made a lot careless mistakes and still won . You tell offense is very uncomfortable to them . I say BB is keeping short leash on them and make play his brand and he we give them more freedom as season goes. This team beat Lex Cath week so ago . So I don’t see Harlan beating them by 14+. 
(12-07-2022, 12:20 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: It’s early but breathitt didn’t look good at all. Sperry didn’t score until 2 mins to go in the 4th quarter. The zone Martin run defensively caused the bobcats fits all game. Collins looked good and I think bb is using him the right way. The rest of the players hasn’t improved since middle school. Hoskins is bad out of shape but he did give them a spark off the bench offensively. On defense he can’t stay in front of anyone. They blow by him if he extends his defense past the foul line. He needs to be planted down low and stay there. I know it’s early but I’m disappointed in their play. I watched hazard play Harlan and I think hazard is a better team at this point of the season. I’m going to go out on a limb and say Harlan beats bhs by 15 Friday.
Hoskins out of shape because he has been injured. He didn’t play against Lee.
Hoskins wasn’t the problem. He gave the Bobcats some good minutes
(12-07-2022, 01:47 AM)Black Hammer Wrote:
Ok… but I don’t think so. I still say Harlan by double digits.
Wrong style of play for this team. Sperry will struggle all year. Should be pressing. Half court grind it out is not the style of play for this team.
How deep are the Bobcats this year? Didn’t get to watch them play last night. Usually to be a pressing them, you have to play 8/9 kids.
Martin County’s coach’s came out with a great game plan. Martin county played good defense but in the 2nd half just couldn’t get shots to fall. Don’t know how many 3s they shot but seemed like a lot. Breathitt has a ton of talent and king will get to playing to their potential. By the end of the year both of these teams should be competing for a regional championship
(12-07-2022, 02:26 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote:
Ok… but I don’t think so. I still say Harlan by double digits 
Your son not getting playing time? Breathitt by double digits. #Catsby90
(12-07-2022, 04:01 AM)wannacat Wrote: Wrong style of play for this team.  Sperry will struggle all year.  Should be pressing. Half court grind it out is not the style of play for this team.
This team can’t press they aren’t deep enough. That will cost this team a regional championship. BB only played 6 players which is all he really has. The starters and Hoskins is about all they have that can give good minutes in a close game so that’s not bb’s fault. Maybe JV will develop another player before year ends.

(12-07-2022, 10:52 AM)BigBadBobcat Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 02:26 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote:
Ok… but I don’t think so. I still say Harlan by double digits 
Your son not getting playing time? Breathitt by double digits. #Catsby90
Did you see something I didn’t?
(12-07-2022, 07:57 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: How deep are the Bobcats this year?  Didn’t get to watch them play last night.  Usually to be a pressing them, you have to play 8/9 kids.
Breathitt played 6 last night but they have a couple more in Turner and Hamilton who could come off the bench. Martin is a pressing team and I kept hoping they'd press but they did not. BB's style with all the perimeter passing is going to take the kids and fans some getting used to but I think it'll work out. Martin's not a terrible team and all things considered, limited practices for football guys, Hoskins coming off an injury, Sperry sick or just getting well and a different style of play, I think Breathitt did ok. Pretty good chance that they'll lose a few games early on but I think they'll be pretty solid by the end of the season.
It's pretty simple, Breathitt didn't win the regional championship last year because they couldn't play in a half court type of game. It was "run and gun" and when they played a team that slowed them down and had solid guard play, it was game over. Breathitt struggled running half court sets, and Perry exposed that weakness in a big way. B.B. understands if this team is going to make a run in March, they will have to win in a half court type of game. There will be games where Breathitt will run, but there will be times when they will have to slow it down as well. Your best teams are able to do both, by playing slow and fast and Breathitt could only play fast last year, and it cost them. It's only the second game of the year, and it's too early to throw out any judgements on any team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
The one good thing I would take from sperry not scoring is they have proved they don’t need him to score every night they are the most versatile team in the 14th it’s just getting everyone to buy in..and all the players to realize for you to win everyone has to sacrifice at some point
Breathitt played bad and still beat a solid Martin team. I like it!!
Sperry will be fine. I’m sure the kid has a lot of pressure on him, all he needs to do is let the game come to him. Hopefully, hitting those free throws for the win, even after having such a bad game will help.
The only issue I see with Breathitt is depth. They have 6 that are solid, that’s it. Foul trouble could be there biggest opponent of the season.
Sperry and Hoskins just got done with 13 weeks of football games. If you have ever played football, you know it takes several weeks to get your basketball legs underneath you. Football is just different. For Breathitt to be doing as good as they have so far speaks volumes for BB and the other players. In about 3/4 weeks they will be very very dangerous. Sperry will get smoother and Hoskins will start gradually getting back to basketball shape.
(12-08-2022, 02:11 AM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:
The one good thing I would take from sperry not scoring is they have proved they don’t need him to score every night they are the most versatile team in the 14th it’s just getting everyone to buy in..and all the players to realize for you to win everyone has to sacrifice at some point
Make no mistake about it. Breathitt could possibly win region without Sperry. Collins & Hoskins are irreplaceable
(12-07-2022, 12:49 AM)BigBadBobcat Wrote:
I’ll take double of whatever you’re smoking. BHS will beat Harlan 10+. Collins will give them fits. Combs and Luke Bellamy will be knocking the 3’s down, Issac Bellamy will be making those hustle plays, Sperry will be running the fast breaks, Hoskins holding the middle down. I’m taking Breathitt on the spread. #Catsby90