Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 07-08
How will the Golden Eagles do this year? Who will pick up the slack left from Mccarty? and most of all, how will Mckenzie do in his first year? Personally, I believe Mckenzie will be an All-Time great in the 15th, he is at the place he loves and calls home, but how will the Golden Eagle faithful respond to him?
I think they will welcome him with open arms because he is one of their own. To say he is going to be an All-Time great is a little out there without coaching his first actual game don't you think? The first scrimmage against Corbin didn't go as planned I'm sure, but Corbin is supposed to be a pretty solid team this year. I'm not sure if they had a second scrimmage or how it went. He will get the most out of his kids because he is younger and the kids will probably respond better to him because the ability to relate to many of the current things teens now days are faced with. I wish him the best this season and really hope he gets to coach his team and the outside influences are left outside.
This team has to be the number 1 team in the region in terms of potential, but potential is rarely the determining factor in games. This team has to be one of the most talented groups to come through JC in a long while. Central could very well win the district if they can get all cylinders firing.
What happened in the corbin scrimmage? Score?
I heard they took one on the chin against Corbin....not sure on the final score though.
It was like 89-64 or something similar.
Uncle Buck Wrote:I think they will welcome him with open arms because he is one of their own. To say he is going to be an All-Time great is a little out there without coaching his first actual game don't you think? The first scrimmage against Corbin didn't go as planned I'm sure, but Corbin is supposed to be a pretty solid team this year. I'm not sure if they had a second scrimmage or how it went. He will get the most out of his kids because he is younger and the kids will probably respond better to him because the ability to relate to many of the current things teens now days are faced with. I wish him the best this season and really hope he gets to coach his team and the outside influences are left outside.

This sounds simular to some statements when they hired Les Trimble. But......Confusedhh:
BlueBells Wrote:This sounds simular to some statements when they hired Les Trimble. But......Confusedhh:
Yeah but trimble wasn't one of JC's favorite sons...:goofy:
The King11 Wrote:Yeah but trimble wasn't one of JC's favorite sons...:goofy:

ABSOLUTLY, AND THAT MY FRIEND IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THERE ARE NO BASKETBALL STATE TROPHIES IN YOUR HALLWAYS. YOU SHOULD THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE. BY THE WAY, DOES YOUR PARENTS KNOW YOU ARE ON THE PUTER?:igiveup:
BlueBells Wrote:ABSOLUTLY, AND THAT MY FRIEND IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THERE ARE NO BASKETBALL STATE TROPHIES IN YOUR HALLWAYS. YOU SHOULD THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE. BY THE WAY, DOES YOUR PARENTS KNOW YOU ARE ON THE PUTER?:igiveup:

Amen BlueBells.
The King11 Wrote:Yeah but trimble wasn't one of JC's favorite sons...:goofy:

Being someones favorite sons might get you the position but it wont help in winning the games. Being a favorite son didnt come in to handy when they played Corbin, did it?
*Coeus* Wrote:How will the Golden Eagles do this year? Who will pick up the slack left from Mccarty? and most of all, how will Mckenzie do in his first year? Personally, I believe Mckenzie will be an All-Time great in the 15th, he is at the place he loves and calls home, but how will the Golden Eagle faithful respond to him?
They will run him out of town. Way too many expectations at JC.
You guys are cutting Coach McKenzie down before the season even starts. You all will be the first to cut him down when they are losing, but then you will want to praise him when they are doing well. Pick a side and stay on it! If you dont support him, then dont make negative comments that will effect the kids on the team. Matter of the fact, the kids love the new coach. Everyone begins their coaching career somewhere.
BlueBells Wrote:Being someones favorite sons might get you the position but it wont help in winning the games. Being a favorite son didnt come in to handy when they played Corbin, did it?

Wow what a come back. You're the man Blue Bells!:kneel:

Rolleyes
BlueBells Wrote:ABSOLUTLY, AND THAT MY FRIEND IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THERE ARE NO BASKETBALL STATE TROPHIES IN YOUR HALLWAYS. YOU SHOULD THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE. BY THE WAY, DOES YOUR PARENTS KNOW YOU ARE ON THE PUTER?:igiveup:

Close the yearbook Confusedhh: and let's talk about this season. By the way what's this got to do with the thread topic?
BigBlueNation Wrote:You guys are cutting Coach McKenzie down before the season even starts. You all will be the first to cut him down when they are losing, but then you will want to praise him when they are doing well. Pick a side and stay on it! If you dont support him, then dont make negative comments that will effect the kids on the team. Matter of the fact, the kids love the new coach. Everyone begins their coaching career somewhere.
Good post but you have to look at whose cutting him down already and there not Golden Eagle fans. Our tiger brethren have one more year to brag about there sacred hoops program and we all know what's going to happen after that. Trust me Johnson Central fan's you will have the last laugh. So let them have there fun and lets not stoop to there level.

Good luck to Coach Mckenzie and his team this season.
Best of Luck to Coach McKenzie and the team as he starts his coaching career at JC.
As for the team, they shouldn't be that bad this year. They're fairly young, but they can put some good team players on the floor together, that's what it takes.
It's easy for someone on the outside looking in to make statements like that. Give the guy a break, he inherited a program that lost about 60% of its offense from last season in McCarty. I wouldn't be offended by a guy that can't spell similar....shoot even 2nd graders can do that...hahaha. I'm not a big Eagle fan, but best of luck to them and Coach McKenzie.
JC will struggle this year alittle. But the next few they will be tough. A lot of good young talent coming up.
The King11 Wrote:This team has to be the number 1 team in the region in terms of potential, but potential is rarely the determining factor in games. This team has to be one of the most talented groups to come through JC in a long while. Central could very well win the district if they can get all cylinders firing.

Please explain this to me? What are you justifying that they have the best talent, based upon?
Its true that JC does not have a state championship trophy in their halls, but all i was saying is that Tommy Mckenzie is one of JC's favorite players to go through that school. By the way i bleed red, not gold.
The talent statement is based on watching games in camps and pre-season. They have a very talented group coming up from the middle school. If they can utilize their talent, they stand a good chance of winning. That's all.
Do we have to resort to name calling?
I will only say that it seems that the Tigers come up with a decent bball team very consistantly. This should be a good year for them but don't count out the kids behind this senior bunch. There are a few sleepers and three or four kids that will be excellent players for the Tigers. It seems that JC is so focused on football that bball has fallen off alot. I am a JC fan and am a JC graduate. I know the boys well on the JC team and they are talented, but being a young man who knows what teens are doing does not make a good coach. Some of those very talented young men coming in JC this year are a bit uncoachable, it will take a strong will and hard nose to keep them in line!
Tommy will be good for JC, I hope him the best. I am afraid that if rough times come knocking will the JC Admin support and back him or give him the ole Les Trimble treatment. Les Trimble was considered one of JCs finest, all Johnson County thought he would be there for years. I hope Tommy gets better treatment.