Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fair Tax
Who here supports the fair tax??
basics:

get rid of the income tax.
get rid of the social security and medicare tax.
get rid of corporate taxes.
replace it with a 23% inclucisive tax at the retail/consumer level.
this would be offset with a rebate each month that would cover taxes paid up to the poverty level
this is also the only plan out there that would make sure that not a single person below poverty would EVER pay a federal tax.
it also makes sure that illegals pay taxes.

any questions, i'll be glad to answer.

i hope that everyone joins in on this debate. i want you hear your views, and appreciate you hearing mine. lets solve the problem (the 50,000 word tax code).

*remember, the tax code we have (progressive) was a central belief of communism. as was public education. ;-)
ronald_reagan Wrote:basics:

get rid of the income tax.
get rid of the social security and medicare tax.
get rid of corporate taxes.
replace it with a 23% inclucisive tax at the retail/consumer level.
this would be offset with a rebate each month that would cover taxes paid up to the poverty level
this is also the only plan out there that would make sure that not a single person below poverty would EVER pay a federal tax.
it also makes sure that illegals pay taxes.

any questions, i'll be glad to answer.

i hope that everyone joins in on this debate. i want you hear your views, and appreciate you hearing mine. lets solve the problem (the 50,000 word tax code).

*remember, the tax code we have (progressive) was a central belief of communism. as was public education. ;-)

I support is as long as the highlighted part above holds true...I like the part where illegals pay taxes. Where I am at right now is getting run over by illegals...If only some of the people back east who don't support some kind of physical border with Mexico only knew how bad it is.
dude, seriously, you'd love the fair tax...

http://www.fairtax.org and there's a trillion other links.....
Nice Link...
vundy33 Wrote:Nice Link...

I have a ton of other links if you wish to research it more.

Also, Mike Gravel, Mike Huckabee, and possibly Ron Paul all support this plan. Its got several sponsors in Congress, but as long as big business and wall street continue to write our tax code... this has no chance.

If you have any questions that I might can answer, feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer personally, I'll get it for ya.

Its really a great plan and should be seriously considered.