Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Tomcats 2008
EKY Sportster Wrote:I hope that you are right, but I don't know if I'd go that far out on a limb!!
Thats really not going out on a limb. Ashland returns most of their starters from a very young team.
Ashland should be very solid this year and Carter should have a big year.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Not too sure. I believe he is still around a lot, but Tackett has become the kids main focus with the weight training. I have also heard that he participates and lifts with the kids which gives them an extra boost to see their coach not only telling them what to do, but doing it with them. It reminds me of Coach Lee Evans, with the exception that Tackett is there daily.
well when i was there coach love participated most of the time also but didnt do some work outs cause of his bad back.
For those of you that may not be old schoolenough to remember, coach evans was there with the whole staff in the 1990's.
One thing I really liked about Carter was that he took a beating from Russell last year and just came back for more. Jones put several hits on him that could have put him out of the game. The kid showed a lot of heart. I think Ashland will be better than most think. I would not be one bit supprised if they don't knock Russell off early in the season. As bad as they were last year Russell only beat them with a last minute drive. I think they will be good.