Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley County Lady Owls- Vs- Powell County Lady Pirates
14th Champ Wrote:"Powell will win districts aint no doubt about it"

No "doubt" about it? Not to sound harsh, but I do believe that Districts this year will be anybodys ball game. I see it coming down to Powell and Owsley and I most definatley would not overlook Owsley. You cannot be sure of anything until you see all the teams play against eachother. Just my opinion.
How strong is this District????
"Powell will win districts!! ain't no doubt about it."
"Powell only lost by seven to Bryan Station." Again, look at the KHSAA site and do come comparative work: Bryan Station is probably below average. Powell County has proven little to this point, though it does appear that they are the strongest team in a below average district.
Im not sure but i dont think that the crowd plays in the games....yes they can get u fired up and get you unfocused but i havent seen a crowd thats been able to put talent where its not.. I give it to Powell by 10 and i think that it should put a stop to
Quote:Owsley winnin distirct..aint no doubt about it...
yes this is goin to be the game to c but powell knos how to feed off of the crowd and get things to go there way...
Crowd doesnt play... Expect things to get pretty physical...should b a good game if it gets called rite...Im sayin an upset for the Lady Owls on homecoming... Powell by 8
americasmostwanted24 Wrote:No "doubt" about it? Not to sound harsh, but I do believe that Districts this year will be anybodys ball game. I see it coming down to Powell and Owsley and I most definatley would not overlook Owsley. You cannot be sure of anything until you see all the teams play against eachother. Just my opinion.

Someone took this and put powell in there but that was said by Owsley co. Candi combs on wymt sports she said " We gonna win districs there aint no doubt about it... We are going to play with our hearts and WIN " I think that it is a little to early to be saying any of that
I think its way too early to determine who will win districts.
It's not as much about the battles fought, it's who wins the war.
It's a huge game anyway one looks at it. If Powell wins they could be in the driver's seat for top seed in the district. If Owsley wins, which they should, then they will have a good shot at the top seed. This year the seeding will be very important. 1 vs. 4 could well be a bigger advantage than in recent years, mainly because the district is played at Powell..
Canttopthis Wrote:Someone took this and put powell in there but that was said by Owsley co. Candi combs on wymt sports she said " We gonna win districs there aint no doubt about it... We are going to play with our hearts and WIN " I think that it is a little to early to be saying any of that

GOOD GOSH!!!
You people make me sick!
It's a sayin, its a pump up speach. If you all say this much about it maybe you are worried.
If something so little as what someone said on t.v. cause you all to freak out like this somethings wronge.
She prolly said it cause she felt that way.
get the heck over #34 and get over the fight and everything else about her.
Some of these posts are ridiculous, I think the OVERRATED lady owls bit is getting pretty old too IMO, I think that the negative comments about the Lady Owls is possibly a sign of intimidation, and jealousy. Friday night will show just how OVERRATED they are, hopefully these girls can use this negativity to their advantage and come out on top like I know they are capable of doing.
Keep this on the topic of the game!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think powell should stop getting on here and running there mouth and let us play ball and see who wins!
"Powell will win districts ain't no doubt about it"
POWELL by 10.
It Only Takes One (1) Point To Win A Game............
You know what you are probably right. Powell Co.will probably win the Girls District Championship this year.. Oh one more thing Districts are going to be held at Powell this year.
14th Champ Wrote:"Powell will win districts ain't no doubt about it"
OK. Care to give details as to how they have such a superiorty over everyone else in the district? Or are you just a fan making hometown bravado statements?
They didn't even win the district last year, and lost two very good players, while Owsley lost one. Powell beat Owsley in the district last year, but it was a dead even game until the Combs girl from Owsley went down with an ankle injury late in the 4th quarter.
So explain the amazing superiorty of the Lady Pirates.:igiveup:
Lady Pirates Are Superior To No-one Least Of All Owsley. I Was Simply Making A Statement On How Things Seem To Go Powells Way When Playing At Powell. Get My Point...............................
This will be a good game but I think the Lady Pirates will win this one. By at least 6. Go Lady Pirates!
Good luck to both teams tonight. Hopefully nobody gets injured and everything goes smoothly, unlike Districts last year.

I guess the anticipated game has finally arrived, tonight. I can't wait to see how it goes. Hopefully the Lady Owls can pull this one out!!

:popcorn: GO LADY OWLS! :party2: & good luck.
Seems Powell put a thumping on Owsley.... but what does it matter???? Not putting anyone down but it is a weak district....
Powell won by 34 points without starting point guard Courtney Jones. Shelby Barnett stepped in as point and played a smart game. Powell had 4 players in double digits. Both teams played clean and were good sports. Congrats to the Lady PIrates.