Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Death Penalty and Abortion
I know that lethal injection cost about $85.00 for the material.

I'd just go with a $5 rope and refund the tax payers $80.00. lol
Many don't realize that Oklahama and Idaho both have a firing squad available for death penalty recips.

Washington and New Hampshire allow hangings, and those conviced before 1996 can choose it in Delaware.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Tells you how far apart we are. I'm for drug legalization. Smile

Thats very surprising that you feel that way. Besides Slick Willy bragging about it, you're the 2nd.. lol

I have no problem sustaining someone in prison who has been convicted with murder. do you have a problem with someone who has robbed a bank and kidnapped its workers and recieved 50 years?? What do you we with them? You pay for it through tax money as well... so they deserve it??? Or would you fry them? lol jk

There is an option however... a self sustaining island and no healthcare. Put them out in the ocean on an island.. Hire a crew to make sure they're not getting boats showing up to
pick them up... provide them with some shovels, some seeds, and tell them to have a nice life.

Not a bad thought. But you would need two island so the males and females could stay separated. If we are going to punish them might as well be sadistic about it.Big Grin

Then the only expense would be transporting them there and an occasional Coast Guard check up to make sue they are not trying to escape.

I can almost see the point of legalizing drugs. There would be more control and less of our kids getting killed due to dealers selling bad product to make money.
Both are wong.
ronald_reagan Wrote:I know that lethal injection cost about $85.00 for the material.

I'd just go with a $5 rope and refund the tax payers $80.00. lol

Wouldn't a bullet be cheaper?
Midee1 Wrote:Wouldn't a bullet be cheaper?

Not unless you intend on using a rock to make the cap go off.. Smile
ronald_reagan Wrote:Not unless you intend on using a rock to make the cap go off.. Smile

:p

I expected that kind of answer from you. Invest in a gun in the beginning and after several thousand executions the gun and bullet combo would be quite inexpensive.

How many times could you reuse the rope before it broke?
Midee1 Wrote::p

I expected that kind of answer from you. Invest in a gun in the beginning and after several thousand executions the gun and bullet combo would be quite inexpensive.

How many times could you reuse the rope before it broke?

I have no clue... I had a tire swing for about 10 years growing up on a small rope lol

But yeah, did you catch a previous post on here of mine, that Idaho and New Hampshire (i think)... still have firing squads. And Washington and Delaware sitll have hangings?

I feel like I'm in North Korea. Smile
ronald_reagan Wrote:I have no clue... I had a tire swing for about 10 years growing up on a small rope lol

But yeah, did you catch a previous post on here of mine, that Idaho and New Hampshire (i think)... still have firing squads. And Washington and Delaware sitll have hangings?

I feel like I'm in North Korea. Smile

How many times were you dropped from a height on your tire swing and did you weigh the same as an adult male?
thecavemaster Wrote:No... I am suggesting that all "fairness" arguments ultimately fail. Ellie Wiesel did nothing to deserve Aushwitz...that's the point. Fair or unfair had nothing to do with it. The rain falls of the garden of Hilter; the rain falls on the garden of Billy Graham. The sun shines on the face of Osama Bin Laden; the sun shines on the face of the the Buddha. I think Jesus of Nazareth suggested something on this order. A human being is not an earthworm; however, a human being is foolish to expect "fairness" in a way that an earthworm is not.

I never mentioned anything about fairness, all I'm saying is that human life is too easily disregarded. You may say "life isn't fair" as a way to justify killing unborn babies, but would you use the same philosophy to give a pass to someone who kills one of your close friends or family? I doubt it.

Life may not be fair, but that doesn't mean we should simply accept injustice with a shrug of our shoulders and move on.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]