Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reed Sheppard NBA Megathread
(05-14-2024, 01:06 PM)-STAT- Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 11:16 AM)Spud6 Wrote: The highest vert in the Combine and no one even talking about it hardly.

All they're talking about is Bronny having the 5th highest in the group. Remember working night shift a few years back, going into Reed & Bronny's senior year, seen a late night replay of one of their AAU games, hype was all around Bronny, but Reed absolutely dominated him the whole game. 

I had a feeling that Reed would leave, and with how weak that they're projecting this draft class, I guess you have to strike while the iron is hot. It will be awesome to see a mountain kid make it to the league, let alone be a top 10 pick, would love to see him teamed up with Wemby in San Antonio. Playing for "coach" Cal to coach Pop will definitely be a world of difference. Hopefully he continues to excel in the draft combine, and pre draft workouts.

Imagine him another year at Kentucky, wife Trent Noah, and Travis Perry.  It would be what Kentucky fans would've dreamed about but I doubt we'd been very good.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-14-2024, 11:16 AM)Spud6 Wrote: The highest vert in the Combine and no one even talking about it hardly.

ESPN reporting that Providence's Devin Carter unofficially tied with him for first in both max and standing vertical.

Also, if you are measuring under 6'2 and don't have the greatest lateral foot speed, you'd better have some other attributes that jump off the page (which he does).
(05-14-2024, 04:16 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

ESPN reporting that Providence's Devin Carter unofficially tied with him for first in both max and standing vertical.

Also, if you are measuring under 6'2 and don't have the greatest lateral foot speed, you'd better have some other attributes that jump off the page (which he does).

I'm no scout or anywhere close to it, just an observer of the game, but lateral quickness will be his issue, especially early on. Maybe over the span of his career he can work in areas to improve that, but it will hinder him for awhile. Imagine him getting in an iso situation, having to defend Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, or having Luka post him up? I want more than anything for him to have success at the next level, but it is going to take a lot of hard work and dedication to get there, he has the work ethic. I sure hope he makes it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • Cactus Jack
(05-14-2024, 01:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 01:06 PM)-STAT- Wrote:

All they're talking about is Bronny having the 5th highest in the group. Remember working night shift a few years back, going into Reed & Bronny's senior year, seen a late night replay of one of their AAU games, hype was all around Bronny, but Reed absolutely dominated him the whole game. 

I had a feeling that Reed would leave, and with how weak that they're projecting this draft class, I guess you have to strike while the iron is hot. It will be awesome to see a mountain kid make it to the league, let alone be a top 10 pick, would love to see him teamed up with Wemby in San Antonio. Playing for "coach" Cal to coach Pop will definitely be a world of difference. Hopefully he continues to excel in the draft combine, and pre draft workouts.

Imagine him another year at Kentucky, wife Trent Noah, and Travis Perry.  It would be what Kentucky fans would've dreamed about but I doubt we'd been very good.

Would definitely be like the good old days.