Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region top 5?
Prediction of the top 5 returning teams
At this time of the year in May it’s really difficult to get a good idea of next season’s contenders right now. Everyone will know more after summer play, especially for the schools who have their teams in games. Most of those team events will take place in June up to the two week Dead Period in July, then resume following the Dead Period into August when most of the schools begin their fall semester. I personally don’t think the 14th will be very strong this season but someone will win it and head to Rupp Arena.
1. Owsley
2. Hazard
3. Leslie
4. Letcher
5.. Knott
(05-09-2024, 03:34 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: At this time of the year in May it’s really difficult to get a good idea of next season’s contenders right now. Everyone will know more after summer play, especially for the schools who have their teams in games. Most of those team events will take place in June up to the two week Dead Period in July, then resume following the Dead Period into August when most of the schools begin their fall semester. I personally don’t think the 14th will be very strong this season but someone will win it and head to Rupp Arena.
Well yea buddy we will know better after summer ball. But at the same time, summer ball is hit or miss because everyone takes vacations or high school kids priorities working now. Never seems like a high school team is together in the summer.
(05-09-2024, 07:44 PM)Cerberus Wrote:
(05-09-2024, 03:34 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: At this time of the year in May it’s really difficult to get a good idea of next season’s contenders right now. Everyone will know more after summer play, especially for the schools who have their teams in games. Most of those team events will take place in June up to the two week Dead Period in July, then resume following the Dead Period into August when most of the schools begin their fall semester. I personally don’t think the 14th will be very strong this season but someone will win it and head to Rupp Arena.
Well yea buddy we will know better after summer ball. But at the same time, summer ball is hit or miss because everyone takes vacations or high school kids priorities working now. Never seems like a high school team is together in the summer.
Well, I agree. Not all teams are complete in summer play for various reasons, vacations being one of the bigger reasons. So….good points and well taken. 
We can get some snippets of the rankings from summer play but nothing in stone.
Nothing reliable to it. But from the outside looking in, I’m hearing Perry is an an uphill climb. May be someone to watch with the new girl in town.
(05-13-2024, 11:23 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote: Nothing reliable to it. But from the outside looking in, I’m hearing Perry is an an uphill climb. May be someone to watch with the new girl in town.
I was thinking Leslie county would be the team to watch.
Hazard will be Top Dawg in the 54th
Knott will be the team to beat. Adding Kyra from Perry. The only thing stopping knott is there coaching. Not very good. In my opinion
(05-14-2024, 12:09 AM)I’m Cerberus Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 11:23 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote: Nothing reliable to it. But from the outside looking in, I’m hearing Perry is an an uphill climb. May be someone to watch with the new girl in town.
I was thinking Leslie county would be the team to watch.
I agree! Leslie is the team to watch.
Although they graduated three good ones Owsley will still start a good lineup in my opinion. Junior Addie Terry returns with a 15 and 8 points/rebound average and a fierce competitor and leader. Sophomore 6’2 Macey Brown averaged a double-double last season. Sophomore Kenzie Grubb had almost 50 3’s in her freshman campaign. 6’ sophomore Kamilla Marcum is ready for a breakout season and will be a force, I think. And guard Delaney Smith will see a lot of action this season. The middle school team was very good last year so those players will help with bench strength.
Owsley should be a strong as anyone in the region and it’s a long time until school starts in the fall. One never knows who may move into the county that could also help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • DukeBoy
I agree the Owls will be very good.
I think we will get a better feel for what the region will looked like next season after Kyra and her family decide where they will be next year. If she stays at PCC they will be very good, but from what I hear that is most likely not happening. But any school she transfers to will be much better than what they were before, and the schools that already have a good nucleus returning would of course benefit the most.
As a fan I hope she ends up at Owsley. They have a solid returning group of girls anchored by Addie Terry and adding Kyra as a teammate to Addie would make for a very strong combo and team imo. And considering Owsley has the 6’2 Brown and 6’ Marcum in the front court and sharp shooter Grubb returning that would make for a highly competitive team and one that could possibly be playing in Rupp in March.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Bulldogs4Ever