Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highlands/Cov Cath renew rivalry in 4A
It means something again
Will it? both teams better worry about 2024 first, specifically after the embarrassments of 2023.
They were 26-3 with a state runner up and a semi-final appearance between the two of them. What's embarrassing about that?
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz, Westside
Those programs will always be in the thick of it and I do think Highlands seems to be heading for a very nice season this year and has put together some young talent coming up. Covington Catholic may not have won the title, but I just don't know if any team would have beaten last year's Boyle team. CC will be back in the hunt and wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get right back in the thick of it again come December. They are a very tuff program. Both programs are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers
I will add, I wouldn't be surprised if ole Highlands isn't also a contender in 4A in the next year or so.

Covington Catholic
Highlands
Ashland
Johnson Central
Boyle County 
Corbin 
Franklin County

I can't help it but dang if 4A aint loaded and come November and December, will have some of the best playoff games to attend especially when Highlands goes to 4A in 2025.
The bigger question is has two teams moved classes more than these two?
It doesn’t matter what class they are in. They still win football games. And most of them too. Add up the state championships