Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 5 Paintsville 4 (57th District Championship)
Golden Eagles walk this one off in extra innings to capture the district championship. It was a back and forth game between two young, pretty even teams. These two squads are going to have a lot of battles over the next 2-3 seasons.
That was a very ugly game that was full of mistakes by both teams. Central may have two of the dumbest base coaches in Eastern Kentucky. I’ve never seen that many base running mistakes by a team in my life. Do they even teach that aspect of the game anymore? Paintsville hit the ball all night, but it was right at people. I’m proud of the young tigers. It’s a shame this game ended on a blown call at first base that allowed the base runner to eventually score on a wild pitch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ralph Furley's post:
  • IntheZone
I thought the call at first was right.
(05-22-2024, 12:49 AM)IntheZone Wrote: I thought the call at first was right.
Your keen observation is correct, watched video and it was the correct call.
I wasn’t surprised it was a sloppy game with how young both teams are. Both are still learning how to win in critical moments.

Seems like the consensus at the field and on the video is that the first baseman just missed the tag in the rundown. Always tough to lose on a wild pitch.
(05-22-2024, 10:07 AM)kai Wrote:
(05-22-2024, 12:49 AM)IntheZone Wrote: I thought the call at first was right.
Your keen observation is correct, watched video and it was the correct call.
Call was correct from the video. 1st baseman could have done a better job “selling” that the play was made. Umpires did a good job on several bang bang plays. 

Obviously hurts to lose this game but good learning experience in a high pressure environment.
The young tigers should’ve won that game from what I seen on video but errors have plagued them and still no change in positions. Don’t understand it. But they will be tough come next year