Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Bait
What is everyones favorite fishing bait to use to catch bass and other fish?
Are you talking live bait or artifical?

If live bait for bass, mine would defintely be large "shiner" minnows, night crawlers and most definately mud eels.

Artificial for Bass is my favorite way of fishing, imo one cannot go wrong with a plastic worm, 4" or 6". A spinnerbait is always a good bet, crankbaits, jigs, topwaters all have their place and applications. If I am bass fishing I almost always have a buzzbait on one rod and a plastic worm or jig on another along with a spinnerbait/crankbait rod ready to go.

A favorite catfish bait would be chicken livers, Crappie would be minnows and small plastic grups and spinners. Bluegill favorites are crickets and meal worms/red worms. Sauger would be a jig head & plastic grub combo and a Silver Buddy type blade bait.
Without a doubt mine is the strike king spinnerbait.....i will throw a spinnerbait regardless of weather conditions and time...it has yet to fail me...
LIPS Wrote:Without a doubt mine is the strike king spinnerbait.....i will throw a spinnerbait regardless of weather conditions and time...it has yet to fail me...

:thumpsup: You got that right, I LOVE a spinnerbait. Strike King has some very good ones and "Booyah" spinnerbaits are excellent as well, they are made from a little lighter wire which will give you more vibration.
I also fish a lot of "homemade spinnerbaits" that a good friend of mine pours and hand ties the skirts.
I prefer stick baits....especially the ones that have a fuse at one end.

Big Grin Wink Cool
As already been said, Nothing like the ole Spinnerbait. But I love to fish a senko, wacky rigged. My goto bait in summer is without a doubt a 10" powerworm, has never failed me. A jig is probably one of the best baits going, but I struggle fishing a jig. I also like using a shakey head too.
Crossbones Wrote:As already been said, Nothing like the ole Spinnerbait. But I love to fish a senko, wacky rigged. My goto bait in summer is without a doubt a 10" powerworm, has never failed me. A jig is probably one of the best baits going, but I struggle fishing a jig. I also like using a shakey head too.

You have mentioned some excellent choices as well. I like all of the ones that you mentioned, I use the 7" Berkley powerworm instead of the 10 though.
4" zoom purple lizard,
I have also had a lot of sucess using a bleeding bait shad....Ive caught alot of fish off that that bait this winter....