Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirate Baseball '08
What do you think about 'em guys.
They've got some strong pitching coming back, and maybe the best hitter in the 15th region Tyler Dotson. I also think they have lost a lot of distrations and have a chance to make a run at the region.
Who are these pitchers you refer to?...seen dotson in summer ball..struggled mostly...but I agree can be a good hitter
Well it all starts with coaching doesn't it!!! If the right players are on the field and in the right position they have a very good chance . What I have seen in the past Belfry always seems to have a few parent coaches and seems as though thier kids are on the field even if they don't deserve to be there. They are loaded with some very good pitchers, Dotson and Williamson are hard throwing righties with Preston and the senior Runyon using the junk. Some one was telling me that Dotson and Williamosn was throwing in the low 80's and one of them I think Williamson in the mid 80's I don't know if this true but if so that is some speed this early in the season. Belfry should go far if coached well and there nucleus stays in tact.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Well it all starts with coaching doesn't it!!! If the right players are on the field and in the right position they have a very good chance . What I have seen in the past Belfry always seems to have a few parent coaches and seems as though thier kids are on the field even if they don't deserve to be there. They are loaded with some very good pitchers, Dotson and Williamson are hard throwing righties with Preston and the senior Runyon using the junk. Some one was telling me that Dotson and Williamosn was throwing in the low 80's and one of them I think Williamson in the mid 80's I don't know if this true but if so that is some speed this early in the season. Belfry should go far if coached well and there nucleus stays in tact.

idk belfry was really a rollercoaster last season....it almost seemed like they were playing teams really well early in the season and then by the end of the season they just quit and gave up...i thought they would have had a better showing in the region last yearim just not sure what they will be like this season, i wish them luck until they get to the region of course, haha...
i dont know what your talking about quiting at the end of the season. they won their district and had to face number TWO seeded JC, who we all know ended up winning the 15th. They just didnt have any luck.
richy_rich_09 Wrote:i dont know what your talking about quiting at the end of the season. they won their district and had to face number TWO seeded JC, who we all know ended up winning the 15th. They just didnt have any luck.

well no offense but their district is not exactly the creme of the crop...all i know is they were playing descent in the beginning and seem to fall off the wagon at the end....regular season, i remember looking on the website, just to give you an example, and lawrence had beat them by one run early in the season and then went down to belfry at the end of the season and beat belfry by 12 runs...thats what im referring to, and there were a few other teams like this as well...
yeah they did slump off a bit, i was jus reffering to they had no luck having to play JC in the opening round,
richy_rich_09 Wrote:yeah they did slump off a bit, i was jus reffering to they had no luck having to play JC in the opening round,

yeh that was a bad draw but they didn't even have to face either one of their aces so they should have played them a lot better with a weaker pitcher against them...
OMG Wrote:yeh that was a bad draw but they didn't even have to face either one of their aces so they should have played them a lot better with a weaker pitcher against them...
When they did face JC's aces in a regular season game , they struck out 19 times. Blanton struck out 16 in the first 6 innings and Fyffe struck out the side in the 7th.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:When they did face JC's aces in a regular season game , they struck out 19 times. Blanton struck out 16 in the first 6 innings and Fyffe struck out the side in the 7th.

yeh there was a lot of games like that with them two last year...thats a tough 1.2 combo to face in any situation..
matt fyffe started the regional game against belfry.
don't think they can compete with lc, jchs and paintsville
richy_rich_09 Wrote:matt fyffe started the regional game against belfry.

he pitched one inning!!!
so you cant say belfry didnt face the ace, because they did, defense killed them in that game not their bats.
richy_rich_09 Wrote:so you cant say belfry didnt face the ace, because they did, defense killed them in that game not their bats.

i dont think one inning is considered facing their ace...he probably threw 9 pitches maybe a couple more, and then they put in their number 3 or 4 depending on who you talk to...thats hardly facing the johnson central team that the next two rounds faced....so it should have been a better game is all im saying...
I hear they got some good pitching!!
Go Pirates!!!!!