Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Kayla Lowe
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:she blew out her knee during the preseason and had to red shirt she is now back practicing. She would have been starting for University of the Cumberlands if it had not happened.

Wow that isn't any good at all. I am glad she is playing again though.
and_1 Wrote:Wow that isn't any good at all. I am glad she is playing again though.

yeah it was bad, she was pretty bummed out about it. About a week after the surgery she was off crutches which surprised me but she told me that the doctor did not believe in them or a brace. So she is not going to wear a brace now that she is back either. Just to let you know the was it happened was on a defensive slide drill when she turned her body did but leg did not and it just went. I was talking to Coach Irvine about two weeks ago and she was excited to get Haley back on the court the next week but I have had no updates as to how she has been doing since then. I know she had been shooting around and she said the knee got tired really easy and she could tell a difference and that it was catching a little bit. She and Coach Irvine said defensive slides would not be on the agenda for her for a while lol. To keep her active she has been doing all their scouting on the recruiting side of things.