Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Storm Watch/Warning for much of KY Friday into Saturday
Here is the latest map from WKYT meteorologist Chris Bailey:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's 4-6 inches coming Friday afternoon into Saturday afternoon from Richmond to Pikeville.

We WILL get some snow, how much depends on when the precipitation changes over to snow.

This will likely start tomorrow as rain in the morning/afternoon and then change to snow at some point in the evening. Once it changes over it's supposed to come down pretty good.

Eastern KY is the most sketchy area as the storm won't go through there until later. I would say maybe 1-3 inches for Floyd and Pike.

Here in Richmond, I'm guessing 3-8 inches, depending on how soon it turns to snow...the earlier the snow comes the more like those 8 inches will be, if it takes longer...hopefully we'll squeak out 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Franklin Ky-scott Ky- Harrison Ky-anderson Ky-woodford Ky- Fayette Ky-bourbon Ky-nicholas Ky- Mercer Ky-jessamine Ky-clark Ky- Marion Ky-boyle Ky-garrard Ky-madison Ky-butler Ky-edmonson Ky- Hart Ky- Green Ky-taylor Ky-casey Ky-lincoln Ky- Logan Ky-warren Ky- Simpson Ky-allen Ky-barren Ky-monroe Ky-metcalfe Ky- Adair Ky- Russell Ky-cumberland Ky- Clinton Ky- Including The Cities Of... Frankfort...georgetown...cynthiana... Lawrenceburg...versailles... Lexington...paris...carlisle... Harrodsburg...nicholasville... Winchester...lebanon...danville... Lancaster...richmond...morgantown... Brownsville...munfordville... Greensburg...campbellsville... Liberty...stanford...russellville... Bowling Green...franklin... Scottsville...glasgow... Tompkinsville...edmonton...columbia... Jamestown...burkesville... Albany 939 Pm Est Thu Mar 6 2008 /839 Pm Cst Thu Mar 6 2008/
...winter Storm Watch Remains In Effect From Friday Afternoon Through Saturday Afternoon...

Significant Amounts Of Snow...sleet And Freezing Rain Are Expected. This Will Make Travel Very Hazardous Or Impossible By Late Friday Night As Temperatures Fall Well Below Freezing. Total Snow...sleet And Ice Accumulations Are Expected To Range From 3 To 8 Inches Across East Central And North Central Kentucky With Lesser Amounts Across South Central Kentucky...from 1 To 4 Inches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It started here around 8:30 this morning and it is pouring... I would say we already have over an inch.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
On the news up here they are saying we are expected to get 15.2 inches.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We're getting slush in Richmond. It's not rain, snow, or sleet, it's slush that's coming down.

It's coming down pretty hard but nothing freezing.

The temp just recently dropped to 31 degrees and our high today was supposed to be 39, so that definitely means it's cooling off quicker than expected...hopefully translating to more snow.

CB's weatherblog has crashed, probably due to the high amounts of traffic, so I don't know what the recent status is.

I know the good stuff isn't supposed to come tonight, but I don't know if that prediction has changed today or not.

I hope it switches over to all snow soon, I really don't want to go to my last two classes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They have already cancelled classes at NKU. We're going to try to go to Prestonsburg in a little while... I'm going to miss the big snow Sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here's a few pics from a little earlier.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:They have already cancelled classes at NKU. We're going to try to go to Prestonsburg in a little while... I'm going to miss the big snow Sad

Been talking to my son and his GF and they say it is terrible up there. Said they are calling for up to 2 feet.
The biggest part of the storm is still to come later tonight.

Here is the latest snowfall map for tonight through Saturday:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Louisville is supposed to get a foot tonight.
We had around 5 inches around noon... but we're in Prestonsburg now... there isn't any snow here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The sleet just started back up here.

Everything is quickly getting covered in ice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
25 degrees and pea-sized sleet coming down fast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]