Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Passes Smoking Ban
The city of Louisville approved a smoking ban Thursday night.

After more than two hours of debate, the 26-member Metro Council voted 21-5 in favor of a ban that would prohibit smoking in all buildings.

However, the ordinance added several exceptions, including Churchill Downs and free-standing bars.

http://www.wymtnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=3708945
I saw this on the news this morning.
Along with this, YUM Corporation said that KFC and Pizza Hut's nationwide would also have a nonsmoking policy.
This policy has already been inforced in Long John Silvers, A & W's, and Taco Bell's all over the nation.

This is good to see because as a nonsmoker, it really sucks to go in to eat and be choking on smoke....

Most people nowadays get lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke...
I think that is great. More places need to be non-smoking. I cant stand taking my babies into restaurants and having to even smell smoke. Second hand smoke is just as dangerous. Smoking should be banned in all restaurants and every other public place except bars/clubs.
I don't know about all this now..
Lets have a poll on here of who thinks smoking shoudl be banned nationwide in all restaurants. Ill vote BAN it everywhere sorry to you smokers but I cannot stand smoking or to see anyone doing it as well.
I vote to ban it too! :x
thats 2 outta 2 got anymore takers
I vote to ban it also
Ban it everywhere possible.
As long as they are still making ciggarettes there should be a place to smoke them.. So before you say ban smoking everywhere, you should remember that even though you might not smoke, there are people out there who rely on cigarettes..
They should have to take it somewhere where it does not affect other people and give them an oppurtunity to get lung cancer yet never smoke a cigarette. Do it in the privacy of one's home, car, or elsewhere but don't take it into the public around innocent people and give them a disease that will ruin their lives...