Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2 - East Ridge 1 ----15th Reg Tourney Semi
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:There is a lot of arrogance in Johnson County I agree. More than a lot of people even realize, but for a lot of years they backed it up. Belfry has flown under the radar because of where they are located and the main thing they are known for is football. Kind of like LC. I never even knew they had a baseball team. All I ever heard from LC was about football as well. I don't think they are as good anymore, and I guess that is why the baseball team gets more exposure now. I am also sure that LC's coach would love to have the two kids you mentioned, but to say they would start is just a guess, who really knows? They have a great Head coach, and I think a lot of the reason they have a lot of success and because of the respect he does give his opponents. Belfry is a very talented team, and with it being tournament time you can never tell who will show up to play. I think if it were a regular season game LC would have the edge, and I think they still do, but it is tournament time, and some teams choke. I wish Belfry all the luck in the world tomorrow night.

Who pitched for LC in the regular season game against Belfry? I seen on here where Runyon pitched for Belfry, but I don't remember who threw for LC.
Lewis Michael, I think that is his name, the real tall guy on first base.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:There is a lot of arrogance in Johnson County I agree. More than a lot of people even realize, but for a lot of years they backed it up. Belfry has flown under the radar because of where they are located and the main thing they are known for is football. Kind of like LC. I never even knew they had a baseball team. All I ever heard from LC was about football as well. I don't think they are as good anymore, and I guess that is why the baseball team gets more exposure now. I am also sure that LC's coach would love to have the two kids you mentioned, but to say they would start is just a guess, who really knows? They have a great Head coach, and I think a lot of the reason they have a lot of success and because of the respect he does give his opponents. Belfry is a very talented team, and with it being tournament time you can never tell who will show up to play. I think if it were a regular season game LC would have the edge, and I think they still do, but it is tournament time, and some teams choke. I wish Belfry all the luck in the world tomorrow night.

Who pitched for LC in the regular season game against Belfry? I seen on here where Runyon pitched for Belfry, but I don't remember who threw for LC.
BTW I wasn't in attendance at the first game. But from what I was told Belfry got runners on base, just failed to score.
I know Lawrence will get some runs off of Belfry, I dont think they will explode, unless its just one of those nights like they can have. But my fear is Belfry getting runs, it wont be easy against such solid pitching.
BTW I have talked a couple times with Lawrence Coaching staff and they are a classy bunch, as was East Ridge.

Cyrus pitched for LC if I am not mistaken. We made alot of errors, and had alot of kids out of position. It was raining and very cold (Belfry excuses). I believe over the next few years Belfry will make alot od noise in the 15th and I appologize if I stabbed at you when I shouldn't have. I have been around baseball all my life and I know talent when I see it and LC is loaded this year but they still have a couple of weak spots it is impossible to have all 9 positions at the level of Hayes or Cyrus. I have watched them a only a few times so I can make only that observation. The same as an LC fan trying to comment on Belfry's players. Exposure is why kids get looks from colleges, nothing else and LC has had exposure this year. Belfry I assure all of you has four to five kids that will play at the college level over the next 3 years.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Cyrus pitched for LC if I am not mistaken. We made alot of errors, and had alot of kids out of position. It was raining and very cold (Belfry excuses). I believe over the next few years Belfry will make alot od noise in the 15th and I appologize if I stabbed at you when I shouldn't have. I have been around baseball all my life and I know talent when I see it and LC is loaded this year but they still have a couple of weak spots it is impossible to have all 9 positions at the level of Hayes or Cyrus. I have watched them a only a few times so I can make only that observation. The same as an LC fan trying to comment on Belfry's players. Exposure is why kids get looks from colleges, nothing else and LC has had exposure this year. Belfry I assure all of you has four to five kids that will play at the college level over the next 3 years.

It's not impossible. If you have ever watched PRP play this year, they have 8 or 9 just like them, and some even better. I understand the cold and the weather, but you have to understand LC was playing in the same weather as well, so that shouldn't matter. If Cyrus was pitching that means that shut Belfry out with their #3 pitcher on the mound, and Belfry's ace. Exposure is good for that, but when you play those teams it also gets you use to playing big time competition and it also gets you prepared for the post season. If you play enough of those teams then you are ready for just about any type of game.