Poll: JCHS vs. BCHS
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
69.33%
Breathitt County Bobcats
30.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County VS. Johnson Central - Aug.29
Johnson Central wins BIG! Breathitt has a great football team but this is possibly one of the best teams they play this year. With a schedule like JCHS has this year will only make them better, with out injury's that is. Both schools have great programs and hope that both teams have a great and injury free season!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Johnson Central wins BIG! Breathitt has a great football team but this is possibly one of the best teams they play this year. With a schedule like JCHS has this year will only make them better, with out injury's that is. Both schools have great programs and hope that both teams have a great and injury free season!
This will be a great game in the opening week. Both teams have had more than enough time to prepare for each other and it will be a good game to attend. I just wish I was not three hours away. I will listen to it via web and wish both teams the best and hope there are no injuries that may affect either team the rest of the season.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

JC by 1 td
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Johnson Central wins BIG! Breathitt has a great football team but this is possibly one of the best teams they play this year. With a schedule like JCHS has this year will only make them better, with out injury's that is. Both schools have great programs and hope that both teams have a great and injury free season!

This IS the best team on Breathitt's schedule, IMO. Breathitt will find out just how good they are or how much better they have to get to play with the "big boys". Breathitt at Home, Honey Bowl game: JC in a close one.
mandan Wrote:This IS the best team on Breathitt's schedule, IMO. Breathitt will find out just how good they are or how much better they have to get to play with the "big boys". Breathitt at Home, Honey Bowl game: JC in a close one.
With all due respect, JC is in 5A and a good 5A school should beat a good 3A team 7-10 times in my opinion. Even if Breathitt loses, this will only help them as far as the playoffs, as will the Prestonsburg game. With the Playoffs set up the way they are now, the regular season is more of a preparation time and the more tests you give your team, the better prepared they will be. The regular seaon does not mean much with the exception of a game or two in District play and teams are scheduling tougher teams to prepare for the playoffs. Win or lose this game, Breathitt will be there in the end and I like their chances because Belfry and Russell meet before they get to them, and they will be beaten up as Breathitt was when they got blown out last season

[With all due respect, JC is in 5A and a good 5A school should beat a good 3A team 7-10 times in my opinion.]

I will disagree respectfully some schools are in great location's to get great athletes. Like Fort Thomas , Belfry, and the list can go on. I do agree that the bigger schools should have more to chose from but not always the case. Just trying to say that they are some great 3A football teams. Brethitt being one of them. For that matter they are some 1A and 2A football teams that can beat a lot of of the bigger teams.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:[With all due respect, JC is in 5A and a good 5A school should beat a good 3A team 7-10 times in my opinion.]

I will disagree respectfully some schools are in great location's to get great athletes. Like Fort Thomas , Belfry, and the list can go on. I do agree that the bigger schools should have more to chose from but not always the case. Just trying to say that they are some great 3A football teams. Brethitt being one of them. For that matter they are some 1A and 2A football teams that can beat a lot of of the bigger teams.
Belfry is not located in a good place, it is in the middle of nowhere....It was made more accessible with the new road, but it is still out in the country and they are not a big enough city to get the best athletes that are home grown. The coaching staff in Belfry does a great job teaching a system that is compatible with the type of athletes they see on a regular basis in that area. I do agree that a there are a few 3A teams that would be able to compete on a regular basis with bigger school. Belfry, Breathitt, and Russell are three that I think could compete with almost anyone in the state when playoff time arrives. This game while getting a lot of publicity, does not mean much and both teams will learn from it, win or lose. It will be a good show for the fans and learning experience for the kids.

Just about 7 hours away from football in the Bluegrass!!!!!

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Belfry is not located in a good place, it is in the middle of nowhere....It was made more accessible with the new road, but it is still out in the country and they are not a big enough city to get the best athletes that are home grown.

Belfry is most certainly NOT "in the middle of nowhere". The high school is within 3 miles of Williamson, WV (pop. >3000), ie, it's no more "out in the country" than any other school in EKY. And yes, they DO get the best athletes in NE Pike Co. (KY) and Mingo Co. (WV).

Belfry's coaching staff has done an excellent job in taking the Pirate football program to the top level. They know the game and how to get the best from their players.

However, the Belfry story is not to be likened to the Hickory Huskers (of "Hoosiers" fame).
oneijoe Wrote:Belfry is most certainly NOT "in the middle of nowhere". The high school is within 3 miles of Williamson, WV (pop. >3000), ie, it's no more "out in the country" than any other school in EKY. And yes, they DO get the best athletes in NE Pike Co. (KY) and Mingo Co. (WV).

Belfry's coaching staff has done an excellent job in taking the Pirate football program to the top level. They know the game and how to get the best from their players.

However, the Belfry story is not to be likened to the Hickory Huskers (of "Hoosiers" fame).
When I say in the middle of nowhere, I am talking about their access to athletes, not geography. Pikeville and Pike Central are in better position to get the better athletes.

I think that Breathitt will pull this game out. I have seen them practice over the summer and they look great. They are bigger, stronger and faster. I think Jade will do a great job as did his brother justin did Breathitts offense. Channing is back and is better than ever, there is really no stopping this kid. He is for sure a D-1 prospect. Ill say Breathitt by 14.
Breathitt has a really good team from what I have seen thusfar. But thats 2 scrim,s games. They also have 3-5 really good players. It has yet to be shown if these players are playmakers, that is what its gonna take to win tonight. I'll say JC by 12. Too much pounding it up the gut for the 8 men in the box D, and not enough help from the sideline.
picnic Wrote:Breathitt has a really good team from what I have seen thusfar. But thats 2 scrim,s games. They also have 3-5 really good players. It has yet to be shown if these players are playmakers, that is what its gonna take to win tonight. I'll say JC by 12. Too much pounding it up the gut for the 8 men in the box D, and not enough help from the sideline.
I think the real winner from this game may be Prestonsburg....They will get a beat up Breathitt team next week and may have a chance.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think the real winner from this game may be Prestonsburg....They will get a beat up Breathitt team next week and may have a chance.
I don't think it's going to take a beat up Breathitt team for Prestonsburg to have a chance. Prestonsburg should be the favorite regardless of who Breathitt plays this week.
Haddix and Fugate are Breathitts core players on both sides of the ball. Fugate is a heck of a runner when he runs north and south before breaking it outside. Haddix is a dual threat, if you give him a few yards to start off good luck catching him before he knocks down a pylon. His accuracy has improved throughout the summer as well....... Both possible D-1 recruits if they stay healthy. But what do I know the season hasn't even started yet. GO BIG BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!
BCF4L Wrote:I don't think it's going to take a beat up Breathitt team for Prestonsburg to have a chance. Prestonsburg should be the favorite regardless of who Breathitt plays this week.

I agree that prestonsburg is the favorite, but I like Breathitts chances ALOT better next week, barring any injuries..........
BCF4L Wrote:I don't think it's going to take a beat up Breathitt team for Prestonsburg to have a chance. Prestonsburg should be the favorite regardless of who Breathitt plays this week.
I respectfully disagree with that, but you have a right to your opinion just as I have a right to mine. Breathitt will be 2 TD favorites at least.

Leaving for the JCHS game, and all fired up!:devilflam :devilflam