Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central Middle Hoopfest for August 23rd Has Been Canceled
Due to not being able to fine enough teams to play in our hoopfest. And due someone Else scheduling a hoopfest the same day as ours and was schedule to play in ours we are going to have to cancel the hoopfest. I apologize to the teams that was schedule to play in ours,

Thanks, Rick Hancock
First off, I scheduled my Hoopfest prior to knowing that you even had one scheduled. Next, I didn't think I could find enough teams to play in mine and told you that if I didn't find enough I would play in yours. Finally, I did receive enough teams wanting to compete in our Hoopfest and let you know in ample time that I intended to not compete in yours. If you are having problems scheduling teams, don't put the blame on someone else. There are more than enough teams in this region and the state to have more than one Hoopfest on the same date. Matter of fact, I remember beating someone on their home floor a few years ago, and they wouldn't show up to play their road game. That is what is a real shame.
You guys have a great bunch of kids over there...and some really good players...that show a lot of class.

If I remember correctly...you guys cancelled the home and away series in 2007 after ACMS beat you all in the Right Beaver Classic...that's a real shame too.

The two teams are pretty even matched and provide good competition for each other.

It's just too bad that the Hoopfests couldn't have been played on seperate dates.
If I remember correctly...you guys cancelled the home and away series in 2007 after ACMS beat you all in the Right Beaver Classic...that's a real shame too.

I beg to differ. We played ACMS in 2006 @ ACMS and won that game. Then it was ACMS turn to repay the favor and they didn't/wouldn't come. In 2007, yes I scheduled in the Right Beaver Classic and my 7th grade team was beaten out in the championship game against ACMS. They had a good team and they have got better this year. I tried to schedule a home and away game that year, but a common date couldn't be found. We did not cancel anything with them until this Hoopfest.

It's just too bad that the Hoopfests couldn't have been played on seperate dates.[/quote]

Why would they need to be scheduled on seperate dates? How many teams dropped out of ACMS Hoopfest to come and play in ours? I will tell you, ZERO (0). I had asked two schools to come to our Hoopfest and was told that they where already playing at ACMS. So, we moved on and asked other teams. Only after ACMS cancelled, did those two teams call and say they wanted in ours. Sorry, I planned to have mine with only 4 teams (my team being 1 of the 4) and 3 more decided they wanted to play because the other was cancelled. I just don't see the problem with having them on the same date. Johnson Co. has 2 middle schools, Martin - 1, Floyd - 8, Magoffin - 1, Louisa - 3, and I think Pike has 8 or 10. So, just naming the districts that make up the 15th region (in high school) you have roughly 25 middle schools minus the 4 that I was planning on having. That leaves 21 teams for ACMS to have at theirs.

I have got off my soap box and I am truely sorry for hurting anyones feelings, but the fact of the matter is that I was falsely accussed for causing some other school to not be able to play games, when the fact of the matter is it was their own inability to secure teams to come and play. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Coach Hancock, his players, the fans, or ACMS. The only thing I'm saying is that don't blame someone else for trying to schedule games and earn some money for their program.

Thanks for the comment about our girls. They have the upmost respect for anyone they play and anyone that comes to watch. But, most teams that we play are a class act as well, including ACMS. I'm finished.