Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama????
thecavemaster Wrote:
Keep your money. Abortion is not consistent with a christian belief, just as disdain for the poor is not. I am speaking to the religious right's tendency to act like "god" only cares about a few issues: "Yes, dear children, oppose abortion, oppose gay marriage, reach for your godly rifles and scorn the poor...then you will be blessed." Look up the difference between a theocracy (OT Israel) and a democracy...it'll do you some good.

Is God using the federal government to compel me to give. Give or go to jail. I would wager that I already give more to the needy than 3/4 of the people in this country. All the federal government does is make you needy. Get a job. I've been trying to hire someone to work for over a year. No takers. Better to stay home and watch tv or ride 4wheelers all day.
lawrencefan Wrote:Is God using the federal government to compel me to give. Give or go to jail. I would wager that I already give more to the needy than 3/4 of the people in this country. All the federal government does is make you needy. Get a job. I've been trying to hire someone to work for over a year. No takers. Better to stay home and watch tv or ride 4wheelers all day.

I think welfare was a bad idea. I am suggesting that neither party can claim "god on my side." I am suggesting that god (according to the bible that fundamentalists so love) has a special concern for the poor. I do not believe god has anything to do with the federal government. We are needy: we need roads; we need garbage pick up; we need lots of things.
thecavemaster Wrote:So, only blacks live in substandard housing and have their jobs taken to Mexico or China or Honduras? The other day the news reported that by 2050 "white people" will be in the minority in the US. Does that bother you?

I don't know about him, but yes, that bothers me.
thecavemaster Wrote:Poverty is poverty within the social context of the rest of the society. Have you ever worked among the poor? Ever seen their kids show up to school with hand-me-downs? Ever wanted to give your children the same things as other kids have but can't? Ever seen your child ridiculed for living in public housing? Ever heard people murmur behind your back when you paid with a food stamp card? Ever been tempted to steal because Christmas was coming and the rent was due and no gifts were under the tree? If it is such an easy street life, why don't you join in?

Have you been in a position to witness how many kids get a "free" lunch at school, but then sit there and talk about their cell phones, how many 4-wheelers they have. etc........... Now, don't misunderstand me, I want the students who need free lunch to have it, but come on.......
BballFan63 Wrote:Have you been in a position to witness how many kids get a "free" lunch at school, but then sit there and talk about their cell phones, how many 4-wheelers they have. etc........... Now, don't misunderstand me, I want the students who need free lunch to have it, but come on.......

Yes... if you are drawing a straight line from "they're gettin' free lunch" to "they've got a cell phone and a four wheeler" to "they don't deserve free lunch," I don't agree. Free lunch is based on income guidelines dealing with number in the family and total income in the household. "You want free lunch? Hand me that cell phone and act like you're poor." Really?
thecavemaster Wrote:Yes... if you are drawing a straight line from "they're gettin' free lunch" to "they've got a cell phone and a four wheeler" to "they don't deserve free lunch," I don't agree. Free lunch is based on income guidelines dealing with number in the family and total income in the household. "You want free lunch? Hand me that cell phone and act like you're poor." Really?

Um no, I actually didn't mean that, but I guess that's how it sounded. I must have been a little TOO tired that day from paying out the A$$ for everything that my family and I have, and seeing the "checkers" in Wal-mart with their 47 kids, who don't know how to behave, and who, let' see, don't pay for much of anything...... oh wait - they do pay for their cell phones and 4-wheelers.................now don't they?

Sorry, but I'm fed up with so many people getting free rides, while the rest of us work our behinds off.:mad:
Too heated. Offensive to some people. Closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]