Kelli Akers---12
Chelse Austin---5
Jillian Kidd---2
Jackie Kidd---2

Finals Friday Night

C-TEAM GAME at 5:30 ALLEN CENTRAL VS JOHN M STUMBO
B-TEAM GAME at 6:45 ALLEN CENTRAL VS ADAMS
A-TEAM GAME at 8:15 ALLEN CENTRAL VS JOHN M STUMBO
The Players and staff from MCA would like to thank ACMS for putting on another great Right Beaver Classic.

There has been some really great perfomances leading up to the championship games.

A Team

Player / School / game 1 / game 2 / average thru 2 games
Shepherd - ACMS - 10 , 9 - 9.5
Kidd - ACMS - 10 , 17 - 13.5
Rife - ACMS - 14 , 9 - 11.5
Tackett - Stumbo - 27 , 25 - 26
Bailey - MCA - 22 , 27 - 24.5
Akers - MCA - 17 , 12 - 14.5
Wertz - Adams - 12 - only played first round game
Morrow - Stumbo - 0 , 16 - 16

Should be a great battle for Player of the Year in Floyd County this season
Should be a great battle for Player of the Year in Floyd County this season

I agree, Floyd County has some really good A Team this year.

I think the difference in most of the teams versus Allen Central is that the other schools have one, maybe two players that have to carry the load in order for their teams to win.

Allen Central has at least 6 girls that could have huge games on any given night. If they have more than a couple of girls get hot...they are going to be hard to beat in the County.

On top of that...the Allen Central girls seem to love to play defense.

I've seen most of the Right Beaver Classic...I haven't seen a lot of defense being played as a team. I've seen some of the better players get keyed on...just not a total defensive effort. I think that might be the biggest difference as conference play begins next week.

On top that...I don't think it's a big deal to any of the girls at ACMS if they are Conference Player of the Year. They want to win the County Championship...as a team. In my mind, it's kind of a hollow victory to be a Player of the Year and not be the County Champion too.

The Player of the Year voting is messed up at best. Rarely do the coaches actually vote for the Most Valuable Player in the County.

Like I said earlier...lots of good individual players in the county and a couple of great players. Scoring 25+ points a night for certain teams...and then losing because you have no other help to win a game doesn't seem very gratifying.
I agree with everything you posted.

In my opinion Amber Shepherd is heads and shoulders above the rest of the competition in Floyd County. I'm pretty sure she has already proved that with the way she performed on the high school level last season. It's just good to see that we have 5 or 6 girls in the county that is capable of putting up 25+ points on any given night.

The biggest thing that i've noticed so far is how physical the teams are being allowed to play.
In my opinion...Amber not only is the best middle school player in the county...but also the best high school play too...and she has 5 more years of high school to play...so she is going to do nothing but get better and better.

Another thing that I would say is that Amber and Caitlin Kidd could each probably score 20+ every single night too...if Coach Hancock wanted to run the score up.

During the Right Beaver Classic...Amber and Caitlin played about half the game...and they still end up winning against everyone by about 50 points.

These girls are 8th graders and really want to play...but they also do not want to embarass anyone. So, they understand that if they get a big lead on a team...they will be coming out of the game.

Most teams leave their best players in for the whole game...and they end up scoring 25+ points.

I wonder how many points Amber would average if she didn't have a great supporting cast of players that like to play unselfish team ball...if Coach Hancock encouraged her to bring the ball up the floor and shoot it about 90% of the time. I'd say she would average nearly 50 a game.

AC might slip up sometime during the year and a player or two might have a bad game...but I seriously doubt that the entire starting 5 will have a bad game.

Also, AC Lady Rebs will lose a few games this year...but it will take a heck of team to beat them.

AC plays defense so hard...and cause so many turnovers...I think that is why they are fun to watch...along with being so unselfish
If Ms. Bailey or Ms. Akers...or any other girl in Floyd County score 25+ points against ACMS this season...they deserve to be Players of the Year because I can guarantee you that they are going be covered up with defense...it would be like scoring 50 points against any other team in Floyd County.
This was a simple response to a thread. I was only thanking Mr. Hancock and the staff from ACMS for putting on such a great showcase for the kids of Floyd County. In no way was I trying to discredit, offend or harm anyone by the comments that I made. It is a fact that ACMS as a team is more superior than every other team in Floyd County as well as most surrounding counties. I have nothing but great comments for the way that Coach Hancock and his staff coach. They have always played us to win and to never humiliate any of our kids and I have thanked them for that on several occasions. I will continue to praise the accomplishments of all the youth athletes in our area. All of these kids are the future of our high school programs and deserve every bit of the praise they get.
Thank you for showing interest in my post. With that being said I will no longer respond to this post.

Jack Jarrell
MCACoach