Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 38 - Rockcastle County 0
Final
Dang....Bell Co. took it to the Rockets.
Sure need to get some more Bell County folks on here. Everyone is talking about this game....but no replys!
I'll just enlighten y'all myself. Awesome game. Bell's defense continues to dominate. The first string defense has allowed only one score (td) all season. Whitley scored. The JV fumbled and Garrard Co. recovered in endzone in Death Valley Bowl in week one. Thirteen points in four games. Last night Rock fumbled several times, but mostly due to hits and pressure from defensive line. Rockcastle was gunning for Greer (who went down early with injury)....but six backs carried for over 20 yds. each. Bell's special teams were huge factor in game. Bobcat All-State kicker and D-1 recruit, Monte Merrick was 8-8 on touchbacks/kickoffs.....2-2 field goals from 37 and 41 yds; a 47 yd. punt that penned Rock within the 5 yd. line. Merrick won the trophy for the MVP for Bell in the Unite Bowl!
BellCoBobcat Wrote:I'll just enlighten y'all myself. Awesome game. Bell's defense continues to dominate. The first string defense has allowed only one score (td) all season. Whitley scored. The JV fumbled and Garrard Co. recovered in endzone in Death Valley Bowl in week one. Thirteen points in four games. Last night Rock fumbled several times, but mostly due to hits and pressure from defensive line. Rockcastle was gunning for Greer (who went down early with injury)....but six backs carried for over 20 yds. each. Bell's special teams were huge factor in game. Bobcat All-State kicker and D-1 recruit, Monte Merrick was 8-8 on touchbacks/kickoffs.....2-2 field goals from 37 and 41 yds; a 47 yd. punt that penned Rock within the 5 yd. line. Merrick won the trophy for the MVP for Bell in the Unite Bowl!

What happened to Greer how long will he be out?
Same ol Bell tuff as nails like always!!!
Congrats to Bell... I've watched highlights of Bell County a few times this year and they can do it all. They have a duel-thread quarterback, and stand-out running back, and a dominating defense.

Hopefully the Bobcats can come away with a 4A state championship this season.
sc74 Wrote:What happened to Greer how long will he be out?
Not sure, but looked like high ankle sprain. Hopefully won't be too long. Bell plays a TN team next week and the next week is their bye. Should give time to heal up if he cannot play Friday night.
Greer will be fine. Bell came out very healthy.

The OL and DL for Bell dominated the game for Bell. Harbin #24, Lawson #67 and Slusher #27 dominated the Rock OL. Merrick as posted really kept Rock pinned back.

Bell has out scored Rock 97-0 the last three meetings.
The final score of this game sickens me.