Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Sept. 22)
[SIZE=5]BGR EKY Top 20 (9-22)

1. Bell County
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Prestonsburg
5. Corbin
6. Raceland
7. Russell
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Ashland Blazer
10. Rockcastle County
11. Breathitt County
12. Hazard
13. Letcher County Central
14. South Laurel
15. Southwestern
16. Whitley County
17. Knox Central
18. Estill County
19. Mason County
20. Perry County Central[/SIZE]

Others receiving votes: (Harlan County, Clay County, Fairview, Middlesboro, Boyd County)

Discuss below...
Looks good, besides Russell being up so high.
Rock and Breathitt shouldnt be over top hazard.
Still I think Harlan should be in there some where. Hopefully we'll get in next week after this weeks win!!!!!!!
powell should be in there they have the same record as estill
The top 5 is solid. The other 15 is a hard pick this early in the season.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Looks good, besides Russell being up so high.

Russell has lost one game to a very solid team. A huge rivalry game as well. I guess they are terrible all of a sudden?
I want to thank BlackcatAlum for going through the trouble of counting all of our votes!
DevilsWin Wrote:I want to thank BlackcatAlum for going through the trouble of counting all of our votes!

This poll was voted on only by the BGR Staff. Here is a link to the poll including the staff votes as well as all public members that voted.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=45409
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
DevilsWin Wrote:I want to thank BlackcatAlum for going through the trouble of counting all of our votes!

What are you trying to get brownie points for?

Just kidding with you...Smile
LOL NO Brownie Points. I just appreciate the work and the others posting on the thread weren't being so positive.
DevilsWin Wrote:LOL NO Brownie Points. I just appreciate the work and the others posting on the thread weren't being so positive.

Well I really appreciate it!
FBALL Wrote:Russell has lost one game to a very solid team. A huge rivalry game as well. I guess they are terrible all of a sudden?

Not terrible by any means. They are a very good team just I think they are a little high up.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Not terrible by any means. They are a very good team just I think they are a little high up.

I agree and the team that beat them is still behind them ??????? Ashland is better then Russell this year end of story and they showed it!
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Not terrible by any means. They are a very good team just I think they are a little high up.

With the coaching they are recieving it is high up. This is not a traditional pound it down your throat team. They have the backs but not the line for that kind of play. They could throw for 300yds on any team in Eky. That's just not gonna happen, so they will be out of the playoffs in the second round to SC. Unless something drastically changes thats just how its gonna be. You know its bad when the Middle School and Freshman teams are running a more advanced version of the wing-t.
How do you put JC over Belfry? They're not as good as last year while Belfry is close to the same, and Belfry beat them pretty easy last year.
TooFast Wrote:I agree and the team that beat them is still behind them ??????? Ashland is better then Russell this year end of story and they showed it!

Ahh we still have to wait till week 10 before I will concede that. Ashland returned almost every player. Russell had to replace quite a bit. I think they got a little complacent with the beatings they had been handing out. They come out emotionless. Yet the game was still close in the 4th.
Beetle01 Wrote:Ahh we still have to wait till week 10 before I will concede that. Ashland returned almost every player. Russell had to replace quite a bit. I think they got a little complacent with the beatings they had been handing out. They come out emotionless. Yet the game was still close in the 4th.
I agree. They have a chance to be very good. They cannot stay as complacent as they have been though.
Harlan County receiving just votes and no ranking, what a joke. I know they are better than that.
Box Top Wrote:Harlan County receiving just votes and no ranking, what a joke. I know they are better than that.

Harlan has their chance this week to make a statement.
Beetle01 Wrote:Harlan has their chance this week to make a statement.

That's exactley right. Harlan County had their chance to prove to the BGR staff that they were worthy of a top 20 spot and they failed to impress.

Each staff member that votes knew that Harlan County hadn't really faced a worthy opponent outside of Letcher County Central. Breathitt County on the other hand had faced two very good opponents in Johnson Central and Prestonsburg.

Harlan County will still have a shot at a spot in the top 20 if they can pick up a few victories.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's exactley right. Harlan County had their chance to prove to the BGR staff that they were worthy of a top 20 spot and they failed to impress.

Each staff member that votes knew that Harlan County hadn't really faced a worthy opponent outside of Letcher County Central. Breathitt County on the other hand had faced two very good opponents in Johnson Central and Prestonsburg.

Harlan County will still have a shot at a spot in the top 20 if they can pick up a few victories.

Breathitt has also faced two other quality opponents in Estill County and Boyd County. Both are good teams. The Bobcats have played a tough shcedule so far.
FBALL Wrote:Breathitt has also faced two other quality opponents in Estill County and Boyd County. Both are good teams. The Bobcats have played a tough shcedule so far.

Thanks for the respect FBALL
cuppett777 Wrote:How do you put JC over Belfry? They're not as good as last year while Belfry is close to the same, and Belfry beat them pretty easy last year.

Are you kidding me. This team is not only better than last years team, but might be better than the 06' team, That is saying a lot.