Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's 95% Illusion = Bye Bye Middle Class
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB12238565...lenews_wsj

One of Barack Obama's most potent campaign claims is that he'll cut taxes for no less than 95% of "working families." He's even promising to cut taxes enough that the government's tax share of GDP will be no more than 18.2% -- which is lower than it is today.

APIt's a clever pitch, because it lets him pose as a middle-class tax cutter while disguising that he's also proposing one of the largest tax increases ever on the other 5%. But how does he conjure this miracle, especially since more than a third of all Americans already pay no income taxes at all? There are several sleights of hand, but the most creative is to redefine the meaning of "tax cut."

For the Obama Democrats, a tax cut is no longer letting you keep more of what you earn. In their lexicon, a tax cut includes tens of billions of dollars in government handouts that are disguised by the phrase "tax credit." Mr. Obama is proposing to create or expand no fewer than seven such credits for individuals:
Bring it on ! I want my "tax cut". No matter what you call it.

Would you rather we borrowed from China again to get these monies?
DevilsWin Wrote:Bring it on ! I want my "tax cut". No matter what you call it.

Would you rather we borrowed from China again to get these monies?

you obviously didn't read the article
Well I guess this explains how 95% of Americans will get a tax "cut". This is wealth redistribution, plain and simple. If someone does not pay into taxes, how can anyone justfy them getting a tax break??? This is taking from the rich and giving it to the poor. Under his plan many people will receive a tax "credit" ( a check from the government) even though they did not pay income taxes.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Well I guess this explains how 95% of Americans will get a tax "cut". This is wealth redistribution, plain and simple. If someone does not pay into taxes, how can anyone justfy them getting a tax break??? This is taking from the rich and giving it to the poor. Under his plan many people will receive a tax "credit" ( a check from the government) even though they did not pay income taxes.

That's all most libs want. They want someone else to pay their way. They shouldn't have to work hard for anything. Its rich people's fault they are not rick. It has nothing to do with being lazy or not taking time to educate themselves and get a better job.
Beetle01 Wrote:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB12238565...lenews_wsj

One of Barack Obama's most potent campaign claims is that he'll cut taxes for no less than 95% of "working families." He's even promising to cut taxes enough that the government's tax share of GDP will be no more than 18.2% -- which is lower than it is today.

APIt's a clever pitch, because it lets him pose as a middle-class tax cutter while disguising that he's also proposing one of the largest tax increases ever on the other 5%. But how does he conjure this miracle, especially since more than a third of all Americans already pay no income taxes at all? There are several sleights of hand, but the most creative is to redefine the meaning of "tax cut."

For the Obama Democrats, a tax cut is no longer letting you keep more of what you earn. In their lexicon, a tax cut includes tens of billions of dollars in government handouts that are disguised by the phrase "tax credit." Mr. Obama is proposing to create or expand no fewer than seven such credits for individuals:

When polled, the large majority of those considered middle class or working poor (both pay taxes) prefer tax credits for children in college and other such "government handouts" (Reuters). Also, the largest benefactor of "government handouts" is corporate America. If you would do your homework, you would know that.