Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Kenton 40 - Russell 20
tradition Wrote:Simon Kenton is OK. Actually I feel that NKY teams as a whole are down this year. With the exception of Highlands of course.

There just really isn't a whole lot to get excited about this year with the Conner's, and Ryles, Boone's and Dixie's of NKY. Simon should have some better days ahead and maybe of all of those teams mentioned they may have the most going for them, but again , in general all these teams are just a step behind what they have been in the past. IMO

You may be right tradition, but SK can, on any given weekend, be a very good football team. Their inconsistency is almost amazing its so severe. And the Simpson kid is a stud for sure. So don't sell SK short (nor Russell by extrapolation).

And I think Boone is also playing very good ball this year. I expect to see them in the 6A finals vs the winner of X vs T in the semis (my pick is X). Boone's for real and they have a lot of talented juniors, so I expect them to be better next year.
charlie22 Wrote:You may be right tradition, but SK can, on any given weekend, be a very good football team. Their inconsistency is almost amazing its so severe. And the Simpson kid is a stud for sure. So don't sell SK short (nor Russell by extrapolation).

And I think Boone is also playing very good ball this year. I expect to see them in the 6A finals vs the winner of X vs T in the semis (my pick is X). Boone's for real and they have a lot of talented juniors, so I expect them to be better next year.

That may be the first time I have seen anybody on here use the word "extrapolation".

Simpson is a stud. I believe he rushed for 340 or so yards against Dixie Heights earlier in the season.

SK is a good team. Not great by 6A standards. But as I said earlier if they were in 3A they would be ranked 1 or 2.
Russell lost to a good SK team plain and simply. Keep your heads up and get over it. Mason County is a game that counts more that any other on the schedule. I briefly read through the comments on here regarding the downfalls of Russell and agree with most. If I had to pick a person to step up and get into other players faces in a leadership role it would not be a hard pick for me. I do not know Drew Abrams personality but I do know he is the best player IMO that Russell has. Drew step up get mad as heck. I have a feeling the rest will respond to you.

I love our Russell Red Devils more that anyone will ever know.
Totally agree with most of the comments. Simon Kenton is no push over and a very good team. BUT !!!! Russell needs to get there heads on and relize just because Russell shows up that the other teams are going to bring there best they got. And for now Russell can NOT stay the whole 4 qtrs and fight.
As for a leader # 44 Storm showed that he needs to be a starter. This kid makes 3 huge tackles and then they sub him for Hutch instead of # 88 that needs the rest anyway. I agree that #13 could be the leader but he has to get an attitude that will take your head off. Russell just does not have that fire that has been shown in years past that has maybe spoiled the fans. This team has talent but sometimes it is hard to get it out of a player for every down. But 1 or 2 downs out of 10 is unacceptable. Late in 3rd qtr. there were at least 7-8 starters sitting on the bench when the rest of team was on there feet still fighting for the team. Unacceptable ??? Russell needs to get that hunger back and get that DEVIL PRIDE and refuse to QUIT from the coaches down. Just No excitment from the top down.
Maybe the boosters need to not feed them on Thur. so this team will be hungry come Friday night.
I hear that Raceland boosters has made a HUGE purchase at the local GNC of crates full Whoop A _ _. and is going to feed there players Friday 31st before the game.
If Russell does not wake up. It could be over in 4 weeks with 5 losses on the season :confused: A must win next week against Mason. Then Raceland.
Get that fire burning and play aggresive football no quit football.
:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
pitchfork Wrote:Totally agree with most of the comments. Simon Kenton is no push over and a very good team. BUT !!!! Russell needs to get there heads on and relize just because Russell shows up that the other teams are going to bring there best they got. And for now Russell can NOT stay the whole 4 qtrs and fight.
As for a leader # 44 Storm showed that he needs to be a starter. This kid makes 3 huge tackles and then they sub him for Hutch instead of # 88 that needs the rest anyway. I agree that #13 could be the leader but he has to get an attitude that will take your head off. Russell just does not have that fire that has been shown in years past that has maybe spoiled the fans. This team has talent but sometimes it is hard to get it out of a player for every down. But 1 or 2 downs out of 10 is unacceptable. Late in 3rd qtr. there were at least 7-8 starters sitting on the bench when the rest of team was on there feet still fighting for the team. Unacceptable ??? Russell needs to get that hunger back and get that DEVIL PRIDE and refuse to QUIT from the coaches down. Just No excitment from the top down.
Maybe the boosters need to not feed them on Thur. so this team will be hungry come Friday night.
I hear that Raceland boosters has made a HUGE purchase at the local GNC of crates full Whoop A _ _. and is going to feed there players Friday 31st before the game.
If Russell does not wake up. It could be over in 4 weeks with 5 losses on the season :confused: A must win next week against Mason. Then Raceland.
Get that fire burning and play aggresive football no quit football.
:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam

I think we'll be lucky to play 4 more games.