Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your College Football Championship solution?
I think that this time of year is great for college football, the bowl season is starting and so in the controversy. So how would you all handle the national championship picture. Many believe to abolish bowls and go with a playoff, some are traditionalist and believe this mess is good for the sport. Well here is my solution so NCAA read with care and impliment with integrity.

1. You have an 8 team or even a 16 team playoff system made up of the conference winners of the BCS conferences and then you put in the remaining 2 or 10 teams from the highest ranking teams not in. I don't necessarily believe that you should give someone an oppurtunity to win the national championship if they didn't win there conference personally.

2. The major BCS bowls will be the semi-final rounds of the playoff with the BCS, which won't be the BCS then, championship as the final. If at all possible you make it so the teams that traditionally played in those bowls go throught the brackets the bowls are in.

3. You keep all other remaining bowls and send the non-playoff teams to them. This would eliminate the bowls are good for schools argument and the money argument. I think this is a simple solution to the problem and a good compromise.
I say we take every coach that is in the top 25 and let them fight to the death gladiator style!!!!
Have the top 8 teams play a seeded playoff.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I say we take every coach that is in the top 25 and let them fight to the death gladiator style!!!!

Haha....I like this idea!!
launchpad4 Wrote:I think that this time of year is great for college football, the bowl season is starting and so in the controversy. So how would you all handle the national championship picture. Many believe to abolish bowls and go with a playoff, some are traditionalist and believe this mess is good for the sport. Well here is my solution so NCAA read with care and impliment with integrity.

1. You have an 8 team or even a 16 team playoff system made up of the conference winners of the BCS conferences and then you put in the remaining 2 or 10 teams from the highest ranking teams not in. I don't necessarily believe that you should give someone an oppurtunity to win the national championship if they didn't win there conference personally.

2. The major BCS bowls will be the semi-final rounds of the playoff with the BCS, which won't be the BCS then, championship as the final. If at all possible you make it so the teams that traditionally played in those bowls go throught the brackets the bowls are in.

3. You keep all other remaining bowls and send the non-playoff teams to them. This would eliminate the bowls are good for schools argument and the money argument. I think this is a simple solution to the problem and a good compromise.

I like #3 the best.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Haha....I like this idea!!

Figured someone would lol
I thought this was interesting.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/ne...&type=lgns
have a playoff for each conference and whoever wins the conference goes to the playoffs for the national title
UK wins by default every year.
16 Teams
Each game is a Bowl Game. The further you advance...the Bowls you play in and the more you win.
I say they have either a 8 or 16 team playoff system
launchpad4 Wrote:I think that this time of year is great for college football, the bowl season is starting and so in the controversy. So how would you all handle the national championship picture. Many believe to abolish bowls and go with a playoff, some are traditionalist and believe this mess is good for the sport. Well here is my solution so NCAA read with care and impliment with integrity.

I like the 16 team playoff option the best. I don't agree with the requirement that you must win your conference to have a shot. You take these top 2-3 conferences and you will most likely find the top 8-10 teams or so. Just take a look at the I-AA (FCS). The CAA conference received 5 bids into the 16 teams field this yeah and the team ranked 3rd at the end of the season ended up winning the national title (Had to get Richmond in here somehow Smile)

Penalizing teams for playing in harder conferences is just more of the same BCS crap.

But I think the Yahoo! article explains it to perfection. Hopefully it will happen...SOON!! :igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beetle01 Wrote:UK wins by default every year.

That's probably the greatest idea I have ever heard!! LOL...Smile
Scratch Wrote:I say they have either a 8 or 16 team playoff system

I agree. A sweet 16 of the top 16 BCS ranking teams.
1 vs 16
2 vs 15,
3 vs 14
4 sv 13
5 vs 12
6 vs 11
7 vs 10
8 vs 9
i agree 16 teams and let record decide the seeds like the NFL does the 2 top teams from the power conf.