Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wreck on U.S 23
About 10 minutes ago, on U.S. Highway 23, about 200 feet past the Jack-B-Nimble gymnastics, a red truck hit the guard rail and bounced off onto the median, the truck rolled and the driver was thrown out, he was killed instantly. A few drivers who I talked to said the smell of the beer coming from the wreck was so heavy it could knock you off your feet. I do not know the identification of the man killed in the wreck.

Very very sad situation.
Sad....esp if there is Beer involved....
Just curious, but what kind of truck and around what year?
The truck looked to be a dodge. It looked fairly new. I didn't get that close to see the exact make but it looked to be a dodge. I hope this isn't against any rules on here, but I was told his last name is McCoy.
Just a tragedy. God bless the families involved
This is a very sad story to hear. Any wreck with death involved is a tragedy but if alcohol is involved, you know that more than likely the whole situation could have been prevented.
Exactly tribe. I've seen way to many wrecks very close up with the cause being alcohol. Just not smart.
Drug and alcohol induced accidents are so sad because they are so preventable.
That's sad.. I will keep his family and friends in my prayers
I drove by about 10 minutes after it happened, and I could smell alcohol too....The truck was a late 90's Ford F-150 and the driver was Kermit "Beagle" Kendrick....
aww thats really sad
we'll all be prayin for the families of everyone involved
What's the deal with US 23 and all the fatalities???
I'll be praying for his family and everyone who knew him.
CBS Sports Wrote:What's the deal with US 23 and all the fatalities???
Good question CBS....I mean some people say that it has to do with all the coal trucks on the road, but they are never involved :confused:
Who knows...US 23 does have alot of wrecks usually ending in fatalities. Any type of wreck on a four-lane is bad because you dont just have 1 or 2 cars that can be invloved...you have alot more esp. if it goes across into the other lanes.
fox sports Wrote:What's the deal with US 23 and all the fatalities???

I drive I-75 everyday, which is one of the most crowded roads in the country and it doesnt seem to be as dangerous as US 23 in Pikeville. I think what makes 23 so dangerous is the fact that A LOT of people in the area simply can't drive. Everytime I am in Pikeville I get so mad at some of the drivers around there. Also there is a high % of drivers in the area that are on pain medication and that makes it dangerous also.