Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Football, next season?
how willl we do
I think we will be in the top 15 in the country next year..those 2 QB's that are coming in are a couple of BEAST'S..see ya later Hartline
Too early to tell yet, the following questions will determine:

1. Does Lindley, Jarmon, and Johnson go to the Draft? That would be an unreplaceable loss on defense to lose all three.

2. Does Locke recover from his knee injury in time to play?

3. How well do the receivers develop in the bowl prep and in the off-season.

4. Will the Freshman QB's be ready, will hartline be improved, does Cobb remain at WR?

5. Who fills in at CB? Does Paul Warford return?

If all three players opt out of the draft, if Warford returns, if the Freshman QB's are either as good as advertised and the receivers improve, and Locke comes back as good as new then this could be a VERY, VERY good team.... but if if's and but's were candy and nuts....
These next couple of weeks will determine a lot for next season. The recievers need to step up and really improve their game in this bowl preparation.

If none of the juniors opt for the draft, our defense should be solid next year, and we have some big time recruits coming in to help out our very young offense. Should be a good team, with a possibility of finishing the season in the top 25 and get a decent bowl. I really hope we can start winning some games against the SEC east next year.
We will be better and we will have some pretty good QB's coming in next year as well, but our defense might slip a little pending on who goes pro and what not, plus, I really don't know how the O-line will look either. But, I think we will be alright.
I don't really see us losing any one to the draft, these kids still have alot to play for and have things un done at the University of Kentucky. They can only increase their draft stock not to mention each one of them missed alot due to injury which will dicrease how high they go in the draft. I look for everyone to stay.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Too early to tell yet, the following questions will determine:

1. Does Lindley, Jarmon, and Johnson go to the Draft? That would be an unreplaceable loss on defense to lose all three.

2. Does Locke recover from his knee injury in time to play?

3. How well do the receivers develop in the bowl prep and in the off-season.

4. Will the Freshman QB's be ready, will hartline be improved, does Cobb remain at WR?

5. Who fills in at CB? Does Paul Warford return?

If all three players opt out of the draft, if Warford returns, if the Freshman QB's are either as good as advertised and the receivers improve, and Locke comes back as good as new then this could be a VERY, VERY good team.... but if if's and but's were candy and nuts....

I agree 100%.
I think if they can have limited injuries then the cats can finish in the top 25. Go Big Blue!
IMO we are going to be way better than people are going to think. With the JUCO WR we have by the name of Chris Matthews we will have immediate help and the addition of MOrgan Newton and Ryan Mossakowski will help tremendously.
Top 20
Same song different year.,:1: :1: :1:
Next season - Peach Bowl
Season after next - Playoffs Final Four, I think we will have the talent to...:letsparty

That's right....I called it..In 2 years we will be top 4 in the nation and will be having an 8 team playoff!!!
I think we will do just fine next year...Nothing special but, we are building for the next couple of years.
6-6 regular season, and theyll beat Wake Forest in the Music City Bowl.
I dont think they will lose more than 4 games next year