Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest NBA Bust
Who do you think is the biggest flop in NBA history.

I would have to say Kwame Brown
Kwame Brown and Darko Miclic ( Was took over Wade and Carmelo)
Have to agree with the above posts.

What's everyone thoughts on Greg Oden? He hasn't done much to anything for the Blazers.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Have to agree with the above posts.

What's everyone thoughts on Greg Oden? He hasn't done much to anything for the Blazers.

He has been a bust so far. He can't stay healthy.
darko milicic (spell check...although it doesnt matter cuz he sucks.)
Based on hype and draft position - Sam Bowie and Ralph Sampson
15th region slamdunk Wrote:darko milicic (spell check...although it doesnt matter cuz he sucks.)

Deffinitely bad
Stardust Wrote:Based on hype and draft position - Sam Bowie and Ralph Sampson

was it bowie that got drafted over MJ?
1986 draft 3rd over all 7foot Chris Washburn. Brad Dougherty, Len Bias, picked before him . In 1989 he was banned from the nba for life for 3 failed drug test.
Sam Bowie was the biggest in history. Portland took him I think 2nd in the draft ahead of the greatest player ever Jordan. That really worked for the Trailblazers and put Da Bulls in a bad spot.
Bowie, averaged 10 pts ,7.5 rbs, 2 .asst 2 blks, for his 10yr career. Sure he was not the best player to play in the NBA but there is no doubt he made a great deal of money(some might even say he has been successful) How can he be the blame for a poor draft choice by a team that has been cursed when it comes to big men, Just wondering?
Well Greg Oden hasnt had time yet to become the player he is capable of, this is only his 2nd season. I would say Kwame Brown or Darko Milicic probably. Also, Jonathon Bender was the 5th pick for Toronto in 1999, and did NOTHING in the NBA ever. Most ppl dont know of him as a bust though because like i said, he never did anything
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well Greg Oden hasnt had time yet to become the player he is capable of, this is only his 2nd season. I would say Kwame Brown or Darko Milicic probably. Also, Jonathon Bender was the 5th pick for Toronto in 1999, and did NOTHING in the NBA ever. Most ppl dont know of him as a bust though because like i said, he never did anything

I agree about Oden.I had forgotten about Bender, you are right he never did nothing. I think you have picked the biggest NBA bust good job!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:was it bowie that got drafted over MJ?

Yes, I believe so.

Not sure, Correct me if I'm wrong.
Hakeem Olajuwan by Houston and Sam Bowie by Portland were the 2 drafted ahead of Jordan.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Hakeem Olajuwan by Houston and Sam Bowie by Portland were the 2 drafted ahead of Jordan.

Yes that is correct!!!!!!!!!!!
2007 Portland Greg Oden Ohio State
2006 Toronto Andrea Bargnani Italy
2005 Milwaukee Andrew Bogut Utah
2004 Orlando Dwight Howard SW Atlanta Christian Academy
2003 Cleveland LeBron James St Vincent-St Marys
2002 Houston Yao Ming China
2001 Washington Kwame Brown Glynn Academy
2000 New Jersey Kenyon Martin Cincinnati
1999 Chicago Elton Brand Duke
1998 Clippers Micheal Olowokandi Pacific
1997 San Antonio Tim Duncan Wake Forrest
1996 Philadelphia Allen Iverson Georgetown
1995 Golden State Joe Smith Maryland
1994 Milwaukee Glenn Robinson Purdue
1993 Orlando Chris Webber Michigan
1992 Orlando Shaquille Oneal LSU
1991 Charlotte Larry Johnson UNLV
1990 New Jersey Derrick Coleman Syracuse
1989 Sacramento Pervis Ellison Louisville
1988 Clippers Danny Manning Kansas
1987 San Antonio David Robinson Navy
1986 Clevland Brad Daugherty North Carolina
1985 New York Patrick Ewing Georgetown
1984 Houston Akeem Olajuwon Houston
1983 Houston Ralph Sampson Virginia
1982 Los Angeles James Worthy North Carolina
1981 Dallas Mark Aguirre DePaul
1980 Golden State Joe Barry Carrol Purdue
^ I think you could say that Olowakandi was a bust too.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Yes, I believe so.

Not sure, Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think your right. I'd consider him a bust just by comparing his stats to Jordans.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:^ I think you could say that Olowakandi was a bust too.

You look at the #1 overall picks, and you can really tell how much that drafting is no more than shooting craps. Actually most of the players are teh craps :flush:

:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:You look at the #1 overall picks, and you can really tell how much that drafting is no more than shooting craps. Actually most of the players are teh craps :flush:

:biggrin:

:biggrin: I couldn't agree more.
Sam Bowie, Darko Milicic was very bad draft picks for being drafted that high.
Darius Miles..Had alot of hype and never excelled to the espectations given!
Sam Bowie for sure.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Darius Miles..Had alot of hype and never excelled to the espectations given!

I agree with this. though Miles for whatever reason continues to be the guy who always winds up in the trade rumors, which means he has value, he never lived up to the hype.
Darko Miclic or whatever.
hershey hawkins