Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courthouse Evacuated After Employees Break Out in Rashes
BELFRY, KY - Authorities closed a government office building on Monday and sent workers to a local hospital after some of them broke out in itchy rashes.

Doug Tackett, Emergency Management Director for Pike County, said 18 employees in the Pike County Courthouse Annex at Belfry went through a decontamination process and were sent to South Williamson Appalachian Regional Hospital for observation.

"We haven't gotten any reports of foreign substances," Tackett said. "So we don't know if we've got food allergies or what."

Tackett said authorities took precautions because they didn't know what caused the rashes. He said all the workers, including some employees of the Belfry Post Office that is housed in the courthouse annex, removed their clothing, showered and put on coveralls for the trip to the hospital.

The hospital emergency room had to be quarantined as well. One of the workers with the rash who entered the emergency room had not been decontaminate.

Tackett said the people were being released from the hospital Monday evening.

http://wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=4022123
good lord I hope everything is all right
This just seems very odd. Hope everything is ok in Belfry.
Still closed today. Dont think anyone was seriously affected by the break out. When someone come in to the store and told me about it I was itching also. Wow how strong the mind can be. Hopefully they will get it cleared up and back to work soon