Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 78 - Lafayette 68 (11th Region)
Final.
The game was much closer than the score indicates. Lafayette lead for most of the game but Scott County pulled away late to win the game.
I watched it on TV and Lafayette was up 2 at the half!! Scott Co. looked sloppy, but found a way to win!! Is Phares hurt? He looked to be hurting at time, anyone know? Lexington Catholic is up 45-26 over Madison Central in the 3rd quarter. Looks like it will be Scott Co. and Lex. Catholic in the final Tuesday night!! Should be a dandy!!
Just heard the announcers doing the Lex. Catholic vs Madison Central game, that Richard Phares hurt his knee during the 1st half of the Lafayette game. Said they didn't know the extent of his injury, but could possibly be out for the championship game!! That would be a huge loss for Scott Co. Anyone from Scott Co. let us know if Phares is ok, I hope he is able to play!! Would hate to see a Senior get hurt this late in the season and not be able to play in the regional championship!!
Congrats SC
Congrats SC
Congrats SC
Congrats SC
Stat leaders were:

Scott County
Euton 25 points 10 rebounds
Guyn 15 points
Ivey 11 points
Jackson 11 points, 5 assists

Phares went down with a knee injury after playing 9 minutes. LHS outscored SC 15-0 from the 3 pt line.
:biggrin:
rojas Wrote:Stat leaders were:

Scott County
Euton 25 points 10 rebounds
Guyn 15 points
Ivey 11 points
Jackson 11 points, 5 assists

Phares went down with a knee injury after playing 9 minutes. LHS outscored SC 15-0 from the 3 pt line.

:biggrin: congrats Cards.....hope Phares is good to go Tues...
Stat leaders for Layfayette were:

Napier 16 points
Walker 18 points
Scott Co. 78 Lafayette 68

Lafayette 15 15 21 17 68

Scott Co. 13 15 22 28 78

11th Region at Alumni Coliseum
Lafayette (11-19) -- Yarbrough 10, Napier 16, Lawless 2, Barber 4, Roberts 9, Walker 18, Linton 9.
Scott Co. (28-3) -- Euton 25, Ford 2, Guyn 15, Ivey 11, Jackson 11, Manning 8, Phares 6.
http://www.kentucky.com/
I love seeing Euton have a good game. Good luck to Phares on the recovery.

Congrats to Scott County on the win and to Lafayette on a great game and season!
Who does Scott County play in the Regional Final?
I heard that they had fireworks in the officials locker room after the game. An unhappy parent of one of the Lafayette players made his way to the locker room to voice his displeasure of some of the calls that were made, and got in I guess because he is also an official in the 14th. Was not a good situation for anyone involved. They definitely need to tighten their security.
Scott County will have a tough one with Lex Cath whith Phares out. Good luck to both of these teams.
HAIL CATHOLIC :worthy: