Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Crappie Fishing Lakes
What are some of the best lakes for Crappie Fishing?
OLDHOSS Wrote:What are some of the best lakes for Crappie Fishing?
Most people in the paintsville/pburg area go to Dewey for Crappie Fishing.
Armchair QB Wrote:Most people in the paintsville/pburg area go to Dewey for Crappie Fishing.

That's where I go. Mostly Dewey though. I also Fish Trap a lot.
Jenkins lake is pretty crappy...Oh you mean crappie like the fish. Douglas lake is where its at...haha
Carr's Fork Lake
Carr is good, but there isnt much size to them. Slabs are a rare there, but I enjoy catching the small ones just the same. Pretty good for somewhere i can drive to w/in 20 minutes. I also fish Laurel, Cumberland, and Wood Creek a lot too.
I haven't fished anywhere for crappie like I have at Cave Run. Cumberland isn't bad but if you want to hit your limits early in the morning get to Cave Run.
Dewey is a horrible place to fish...... unless you are fishing for Crappie or Tiger Muskies. Seems like every cove at Dewey has submerged timber and sticks that those crappie love to hide in.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Dewey is a horrible place to fish...... unless you are fishing for Crappie or Tiger Muskies. Seems like every cove at Dewey has submerged timber and sticks that those crappie love to hide in.

Areed. Very good lake to catch some Crappie.
Although I haven't been fishing for Crappie this year, I've experienced a lot of success at Dewey Lake the past few years while fishing for Crappie.
Cedar Creek
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Although I haven't been fishing for Crappie this year, I've experienced a lot of success at Dewey Lake the past few years while fishing for Crappie.

Yeah no big ones like at Cedar Creek though you catch 15-18 inch crappie there all the time....lol...its a decent drive but worth it...bass fishng too...the size liomit is 18 i think but you catch alot of 15-20 inchers...
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah no big ones like at Cedar Creek though you catch 15-18 inch crappie there all the time....lol...its a decent drive but worth it...bass fishng too...the size liomit is 18 i think but you catch alot of 15-20 inchers...

I'll definitely have to try this lake.
Dewey Lake is mostly where I Crappie fish.
DukeFan4life Wrote:Carr's Fork Lake

You are joking right
theVILLE Wrote:Cedar Creek

In Pikeville?
If...Then Wrote:In Pikeville?

No look it up on fishin.com on the fishin reports it will show you...it is right in the middle of the state.....its a lake....about the size of dewey lake
One of the best crappie holes in Eastern Ky is Fish Trap Lake.
Caverun!
theVILLE Wrote:No look it up on fishin.com on the fishin reports it will show you...it is right in the middle of the state.....its a lake....about the size of dewey lake

I never knew this.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I never knew this.

Great lake for Crappie or bass.... and bluegill....You should try it...From Pburg it is about 2 hour drive probaly...I mean I had a blast...you catch nnumbers and size
Cave Run
i have never had any luck at cave run
yatesville aint half bad.
If you really just wanna go fish for a little bit and not take a boat, Yatesville spillway is where its at. Ive been four or five times and weve caught on average 60-65 fish, most of them were crappie.
Fishtrap is a really good lake, and they say that Flannigan over in VA is really good too, but I've never fished there.
Norris lake in Tennessee
i agree with the ville on this one cedar creek is where it's at.. it's in lincoln county i think.. not real sure though.. loved the bass fishing!!!! 20 inch size limit down there... i caught on almost 5 lbs and it was only 19 inches.. very healthy fish.. and the crappie fishing is crazy good
My favorite lake for crappies has to be Indian lake here in Ohio.I have caught some slabs there.