Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orton's father says decommitment rumors are false
http://vaughtsviews.com/?p=184

Daniel Orton's father, Larry Orton says his son still plans to be a Wildcat next season.
I hope this is true, I would love to see Orton playing for the CATS.
Goood
this is excellent news. it would be nice to also get Wall and Henry.
Where was it originally announced?
This is good to hear.
Thank God
This is great to hear.
Stardust Wrote:Where was it originally announced?

Evan Daniels (I think with scout?) originally announced it, since then he has back pedaled himself on radio interviews to change his wording from 'He asked out of his LOI" to "He will look around at other schools before asking for a release of his LOI"

And for the record, mrfootball, you gotta trust your fellow Belfry fan when he posts! Wink
This is good. It had me worried for a while.
It wouldn't be bad for either he or UK if he didn't come to Lexington. He's not going to play much with Patterson, Stevenson, and Cousins...
If Orton does come when is he going to get him minutes? He would be behind both Cousins and Patterson. That is assuming that Patterson stays. Other wise, he still would be battleing for playing time with Pilgrim, Stevenson, Harrelson and Cousins.
DeuceUL Wrote:It wouldn't be bad for either he or UK if he didn't come to Lexington. He's not going to play much with Patterson, Stevenson, and Cousins...

Orton "WILL" play over Perry Stevenson!
C.Clair Wrote:If Orton does come when is he going to get him minutes? He would be behind both Cousins and Patterson. That is assuming that Patterson stays. Other wise, he still would be battleing for playing time with Pilgrim, Stevenson, Harrelson and Cousins.

Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Orton "WILL" play over Perry Stevenson!

I agree with Bleacher Creature, Orton will get his minutes. Patterson will start (if he stays), and Orton and Cousins will split time at the other spot. Pilgrim will come off the bench to spell PP.

Stevenson may be the odd man out if Orton comes. I just don't see where his minutes will come from. And Harrelson (if he doesn't transfer) will never see the floor.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They will find time for stevenson, but harrleson will leave. There is just no spot for him.
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree with Bleacher Creature, Orton will get his minutes. Patterson will start (if he stays), and Orton and Cousins will split time at the other spot. Pilgrim will come off the bench to spell PP.

Stevenson may be the odd man out if Orton comes. I just don't see where his minutes will come from. And Harrelson (if he doesn't transfer) will never see the floor.

I agree with all of your points MC. Four big men is usually enough to play during the course of a game. Kentucky's first four big men will be in this order..

1. Patrick Patterson (if he stays)
2. DeMarcus Cousins
3. Daniel Orton (if he stays commited)
4. Matt Pilgrim

Stevenson will see some time if a couple of guys get into foul trouble, but Harrellson will be another Jared Carter. He just doesn't fit the dribble-drive motion offense. Frankly, he just doesn't have the talent to play over any of these five players no matter what offense Kentucky runs.
just get them here and let coach figure who is playing where.
A much as I like Orton, I think it may be better for the team as a whole if he moved on and we got another guard with his scholarship
He and Hood worked well together last night at the 2 on 2 tourney.
C.Clair Wrote:He and Hood worked well together last night at the 2 on 2 tourney.

I heard that Orton was almost unstoppable in that tourney...
He was even shooting good from outside
As much as I would to see Orten be a Wildcat I can't undertand why he is saying that is 90 to 95 percent sure. He was saying that he didn't know if Coach Cal wanted him but when a coach who is hired and holds his press conference, then goes to Memphis for another and then flys to Oklahome City to meet with Orten all in the same day, if that doesn't tell a kid he wanted nothing will so he just needs to make a decision and get it over with.:popcorn:
C.Clair Wrote:He and Hood worked well together last night at the 2 on 2 tourney.

was he and hood both at uk this week?