Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Pike Central Looking?
How can the fans and players rig a championship period?
I'm sorry that I know nothing of what goes on behind closed doors between refs and coaches...I can't sit here and tell you for a fact that anything or nothing at all happened because I don't know. I doubt that we rigged anything.
And DO NOT get on here and say that ER has nothing because you are dead wrong there.
But yet Tribe it's okay for people from ER to get on here and to do the exact same thing? Right
Slama, go back and read my posts. You know that I tell things like they are. We have already have the discussion that I am not trying to be biased for one team or the other. I do support my team but I give credit where credit is indeed due. I remember saying that it was not entirely a refs fault and that our girls beat themselves. They got frustrated and gave up in the final minutes of OT. I am not trying to blame the refs or say that the game was rigged. I said exactly how I felt. I don't support all ER fans coming on here and blaming the refs. I am not one to sit and whine about something that happened. I state my opinion and am willing to back it up and stick with it. Other East Ridge fans can get on here and say whatever they want to because that is how they feel but I don't support their decisions to make every posts about how bad the refs were and how bad the calls were. Yes, there was some bad calls made, no we did not get nearly as many fouls called as need, but did they control the entire game? No. I have stated time and time again why. Maybe it is just me but I guess I am a little different than everyone else with their teams, I am willing to be realistic and tell the truth or at least my own personal opinion about things.
sorry it just came to me wrong...u know i give u all credit...
I understand your point in saying that though, some people do get on here and make it out to be all one player, one ref, or something else's fault but Slama, you have told me from day one that I tell it like it is. I try to be honest and yet still respect other's opinions because people feel differently.
You do give East Ridge credit and I thank you for that, not many Central fans would be willing to say some of the stuff that you do about us. I respect you for your honesty as well. And I too give Pike Central credit where need be. I have no hard feelings to anyone associated with the school or team.
I aprecciate your opinions you are one of very few on this site that truely knows what they are talking about and that has reliable sources...You all will be just fine this season after watching your girls play...
Thank you very much, that compliment does mean alot to me. I try to go directly to the source when I need to know something about the team. I will ask the 4 seniors out of the starting five and it doesn't get much more direct than that. I have a deep love of the game and after playing for 7 years, I have to stay in touch with the sport somehow.

I admit, I was a little skeptical at first of what the season may hold for us but after seeing them step up I don't think that we have very much to worry about this season. If they stick with it and play with heart and determination like they should then that will carry them through alot. We have the talent, now we just have to use it... utilizing what we have to the best of their and the coaching staff's ability.
your welcome and im happy it means alot to you...you all will be just fine and im sure of it u all will win the 59th
We're going to take it as it comes I suppose.
I would to see our girls bring home their first district title this year.
The seniors have been waiting a long time for that and they have put more into that team that any other season's starters so far.
PC COULD be a good team... if they wasnt worried about who scored all the points, but somebody who shoots 50 shots a game and makes 25... is decent i guess...
I know what you mean Inside.
If someone takes 99% of their teams shots then they should score over 30 points a game. They are bound to hit some at sometime or another. lol
Okay how can you take stuff away from Haley b/c im sure that this is who you two are talking about... the girl does shot some threes thats are questionable but most of her shots come off of steals, rebounds, fast breaks and just taking the ball to the hole hard that is the type of guard that it takes to play at the next level...I could see Haley playing the 2 guard position at the next level rather than point which i think would be a GREAT change for her... She is maturing as a player but still makes mistakes just like any other player does...I'm sorry if you all have something against her or just plain out dont like her but dont take away talent from a player...I do not see any player on East Ridges team that could beat her one on one IMO... Maturity is where it is all at and Haley is beggining to get that so give her some credit and dont be bashing her give criticim that she can use to inhance her game instead of saying things like..."if they wasnt worried about who scored all the points, but somebody who shoots 50 shots a game and makes 25... is decent i guess..."

All im saying is show some respect b/c i give you all respect...not meaning to be pissy...

Oh and for Central players who get on here and read my posts if you don't like what i post then get over it and don't read my posts im not forcing you all to get on here and to read my posts you make that choice... my insight on how you play is true instead of sitting there and bitching about it take it to heart apply it to your game and i promise you will look like a better player...If you are just going to complain about constructive critism then you probley dont need to be playing sports because that is apart of the game... might as well not plan on playing at the next level if you can't take it with out pouting...
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Okay how can you take stuff away from Haley b/c im sure that this is who you two are talking about... the girl does shot some threes thats are questionable but most of her shots come off of steals, rebounds, fast breaks and just taking the ball to the hole hard that is the type of guard that it takes to play at the next level...I could see Haley playing the 2 guard position at the next level rather than point which i think would be a GREAT change for her... She is maturing as a player but still makes mistakes just like any other player does...I'm sorry if you all have something against her or just plain out dont like her but dont take away talent from a player...I do not see any player on East Ridges team that could beat her one on one IMO... Maturity is where it is all at and Haley is beggining to get that so give her some credit and dont be bashing her give criticim that she can use to inhance her game instead of saying things like..."if they wasnt worried about who scored all the points, but somebody who shoots 50 shots a game and makes 25... is decent i guess..."

All im saying is show some respect b/c i give you all respect...not meaning to be pissy...

Oh and for Central players who get on here and read my posts if you don't like what i post then get over it and don't read my posts im not forcing you all to get on here and to read my posts you make that choice... my insight on how you play is true instead of sitting there and bitching about it take it to heart apply it to your game and i promise you will look like a better player...If you are just going to complain about constructive critism then you probley dont need to be playing sports because that is apart of the game... might as well not plan on playing at the next level if you can't take it with out pouting...

Great post. And to be honest, the post I'm sure was made about Ratliff but the reasoning behind what I said was actually a boys basketball game...not even one involving PC but that is what it reminded me of. :Thumbs:
thanks Tribe actually my post wasnt directed towards Haley it was directed to the team as a whole but one player did confront me about what I said while she was warming up before the game the other night and it was not Haley...I thought that it was quite funny that this one player was more worried about my opinons then actually winning a game...
That is crazy. The team should take it as constructive critism and use it on the court. People doubt you? Prove them wrong. People support you? Show them why they should continue to do so. Use their comments and just sit and think about them to help improve your showings on the hardwood. I talk to 4 of the starting 5 for East Ridge five days a week. I don't sit there and tell them how to play the game but we think back on the previous game and discuss other teams and players. I am sure that some of those girls read what I have to say here but it is nothing that I will not or have not said to their faces. In the preseason, when discussing regional tournament I said that I didn't think that they would win it but now I have alot more faith in that team. Sorry that BGR has apparently caused problems with some players but like I said before, that is quite funny and I am sure that they will get over it. Worrying about a fan's opinion more than the game at hand just shows immaturity.